Overwhelmed

awarren114

Hi everyone! I just booked our FIRST cruise on the breeze, 11/15-11/21. I am so overwhelmed trying to figure out the best place to fly into (FLL vs. MIA), where to stay, etc. We are coming from Omaha. Does anyone have any advice? I'm open to either airport, and we will be flying down the day before just in case there's weather issues, etc. If we stay in FLL, is there public transportation or a shuttle that can get us to MIA on 11/15? I've done so much research, but this is stumping me.

You will find a lot of information on this in the Home Ports section of the message board.

I like to stay at Intercontinental Hotel which is right there on the water, on Brickell Street. There are 2 in Miami, make sure it's the right one. It is a really nice hotel and has a view of the port so you can see your ship when you wake up.

We are flying into FLL airport on Southwest airlines and staying at the Comfort Inn and Suites airport and cruise port in Ft. Lauderdale. We have arranged transportation from the hotel to the Miami cruise port through SAS transportation. We have 5 in our group, one from Omaha by the way :), so the cost for transfers is $13 pp. I think it's $15 pp normally.

I did the 8 day Breeze cruise last year. It was quite a bit cheaper so I flew into FLL. I had a rental car for the two days before the cruise left. On cruise day I returned my rental car and then took a pre-arranged SAS Shuttle from the airport to the port (it was $15 +tip each way).

The Florida departure board will have more recommendations for hotels, both near the airport and near the Miami port.

Last cruise we flew in to FLL because of FF miles. I wanted EASY. We stayed at the POM Holiday inn. We used GO airport shuttle. We opted to spend the $10 and the driver met us at the luggage carousel with a sign with my name on it. Walked us to the car and off we went. Felt a bit like a rock star! It was just a bit more than a taxi but well worth it to me. After a full day of flying I didn't want to deal with any hassles at all.

You will enjoy the Breeze!! Google Miami port express. If you stay in FLL they will take you to the Miami airport. We have used them to go from FLL to port of Miami. They are other shuttle services to im sure.