how to combine stingray tour with beach visit

massmom2

Hello--I'm about to book my family on a tour with Capt. Marvins to visit Stingray City. My question is: If the ship gets in at 7 a.m., would we have time to get off and show up for the 8 a.m. check-in time for the 8:45 tour? Alternatively, we could take the 10 to 1 tour, but would that leave time to visit one of the nice beaches, such as Sea Grape, before the ship leaves at 4 p.m.?

Thanks,

Diana

Take the earlier tour, the rays are hungry earlier also. Ask the driver to drop you at Sea Grapes beach and take a taxi back to the ship at least an hour before the last tender. Traffic can be heavy in town.

Bon Voyage

Agreed, definitely take the early tour. You will not have time if you take the later one. Too many variables and traffic can be really bad getting back to the ship. We have done the rays/beach thing both times we have been there. They will gladly drop you at the beach. Seagrape is my recommendation. Easy to do when you take the early tour and plenty of taxis to take you back. Taxis back are a flat rate fee of $4 per person.

Archived