Any perks for Cunard World Club members on Carnival?

loubetti

As you know, Carnival owns Cunard, and I am a World Club Diamond member on Cunard; their highest level.

With Celebrity I am "Elite" in the Captains Club (also their highest level), and instantly became "Diamond" in RCI's Crown and Anchor Club (not their highest level, but close enough), even though I never sailed on RCI!

Not here to brag, just curious and providing the facts.

I'm hoping to permanently relocate to our house in Florida within the next year from New Jersey, and Carnival could be a decent 3-5 night getaway for us. I'm just considering my options aside from RCI and other lines.

In essence, how does Carnival treat Cunard World Club members? Like we don't exist?

As you know, Carnival owns Cunard, and I am a World Club Diamond member on Cunard; their highest level.

With Celebrity I am "Elite" in the Captains Club (also their highest level), and instantly became "Diamond" in RCI's Crown and Anchor Club (not their highest level, but close enough), even though I never sailed on RCI!

Not here to brag, just curious and providing the facts.

I'm hoping to permanently relocate to our house in Florida within the next year from New Jersey, and Carnival could be a decent 3-5 night getaway for us. I'm just considering my options aside from RCI and other lines.

In essence, how does Carnival treat Cunard World Club members? Like we don't exist?

On Carnival, if you are a past guest on any sister cruise line... you get the past guest rate....so I am assuming that the same would apply here.

But that is all you would get.

Carnival and Cunard do not reciprocate their perks.

However, since Cunard and Princess were purchased together, I have been told that those 2 cruise lines DO reciprocate.

So perhaps Princess is a better fit if you want the perks.

Dont think there are any perks transferable, except maybe past guest rate, per another poster.

Loubetti, after having been on Cunard and Celebrity, I do hope that you know Carnival cruises will not be anywhere near or anything like what you are used to.

Im not putting them down, just saying, that there are differences, and as long as you know that, and what to expect or not to expect, you should be ok. Curnard and Celebrity and Carnival do differ.

Personally I love Carnival, but that is who I am used to. Did one Celebrity cruise years ago, and loved it, but Carnival is all I can afford these days. I just know what to expect.

@ original poster....NOPE NADA NOTHING! I am Diamond w/ Cunard and Platinum w CCL and NOPE NADA NOTHING!

Althought not because of Cunard but cruising in general if you are showing loyalty to more than one brand it would be nice to somehow give a little something of approcation extra....one can wish!

Dont think there are any perks transferable, except maybe past guest rate, per another poster.

Loubetti, after having been on Cunard and Celebrity, I do hope that you know Carnival cruises will not be anywhere near or anything like what you are used to.

Im not putting them down, just saying, that there are differences, and as long as you know that, and what to expect or not to expect, you should be ok. Curnard and Celebrity and Carnival do differ.

Personally I love Carnival, but that is who I am used to. Did one Celebrity cruise years ago, and loved it, but Carnival is all I can afford these days. I just know what to expect.

Sparky,

Thanks to you and others for the reply, and I do know! Carnival will never be Cunard or Celebrity, but...

Also notice below what my favorite ship is (was). Granted, that was made special by knowing the captain, so maybe I.... well, I can make my own fun, and chart my own "course" on a cruise ship.

Frankly, I'd just like to see a Joe Farcus interior, and preferably an earlier one on an older ship! Really, the man is quite talented.

You have to read the book "Liners to the Sun" by famous ocean liner history author John Maxtone Graham. He actually took a Carnival cruise once (many, many years ago) and wrote about it in the book. He, like I think I would, made it work for him, and really didn't have much bad to say. Though I expect the food was much better back then.

If a past guest discount is all I get, fine. A cruise and a ship is what you make of it, and after almost 4 dozen of them, I'd like to think I could deal with it, and navigate my way to my own pleasure.

Sparky,

Thanks, and I know! Carnival will never be Cunard or Celebrity, but...

Also notice below what my favorite ship is (was). Granted, that was made special by knowing the captain, so maybe I.... well, I can make my own fun, and chart my own "course" on a cruise ship.

Frankly, I'd just like to see a Joe Farcus interior, and preferably an earlier one on an older ship! Really, the man is quite talented.

Lou, if you're interested in older Farcus my choice would be Carnival Victory. She has a fair amount of the "neon" that Farcus is famous for while having some really nicely-designed lounges. She does have what I call "What was Farcus thinking?" areas (the dining rooms and the Black and Red Seas lounge come to mind), but overall she's one of my favorites.

Thanks, Kathy, but I'd probably only do 3-5 nights, not sure if Victory does those.

However, I once visited one of the original Carnival ships at New York, the Festivale. It was neat to see Farcus combined with Union Castle decor! Of course, she is long gone now.

Thanks, Kathy, but I'd probably only do 3-5 nights, not sure if Victory does those.

However, I once visited one of the original Carnival ships at New York, the Festivale. It was neat to see Farcus combined with Union Castle decor! Of course, she is long gone now.

Victory will be doing 4-5 night cruises out of Miami when she repositions next year. Looks like they start at the beginning of February.

Archived