Post Cruise - Withdrawal Symptoms

MAXII

Ok - so be honest share your post cruise rituals and withdrawal symptoms and how you deal with them. Here's a couple to start us off:

Wobbly Legs Syndrome - sit down in a travel agency and drool over a cruise brochure

First thing you do once away from the port - go for a big, greasy burger in a fast food joint. This helps bring you back to earth with a thud after all the rich dining and awesome treatment like a royal

--Pore over the Cruise Critic boards until my eyes hurt.:eek:

--Whine at my co-workers that "I wanna go on a cruise!!!!" until they are ready to mail me to the nearest cruise terminal C.O.D.:(

--Plot and plan on what my next cruise will be.;)

--Play the lottery so I'll have plenty of cash to spend on my next cruise.:D

My best medicine for getting over a Caribbean cruise? Move to Florida! My hubby and I did it. We still love to cruise, but now it's not so bad when we get home. Palm trees swaying in the backyard and sea spray in the air....AHHH!

I'm in complete withdrawal and denial after a cruise. My luggage stays packed for a couple of weeks. I AVOID cruise critic. I stay in my room for hours and get depressed. I keep thinking about what I would be doing if I was on the ship.

My best medicine for getting over a Caribbean cruise? Move to Florida! My hubby and I did it. We still love to cruise, but now it's not so bad when we get home. Palm trees swaying in the backyard and sea spray in the air....AHHH!

I still have PCD going on 2 months later! I keep telling DH that the only thing that will shake me of this depression is to move to where the palm trees are, but he doesn't get it... :(

Forgive me for I have sinned. It has been 13 days since my last cruise.

I'm doing the every day stuff in the real world but every spare moment is spent reading Cruise Critic and researching cruises for next year. I lust for cruises!

I NEED HELP!;)

My post cruise ritual is spending a week waiting for the rest of my luggage to come home. On my last two cruises, my suitcase has decided to stay behind for an extra week of vacation without me! :eek:

Maybe I ought to stay behind with it this time. At least this way I can try to guarantee that we come home together. :D

My post cruise ritual is spending a week waiting for the rest of my luggage to come home. On my last two cruises, my suitcase has decided to stay behind for an extra week of vacation without me! :eek:

Maybe I ought to stay behind with it this time. At least this way I can try to guarantee that we come home together. :D

Just take a BIG suitcase or a steamer trunk and ship yourself home in it. You'll get some free vacation time that way!;)

Ok - so be honest share your post cruise rituals and withdrawal symptoms and how you deal with them. Here's a couple to start us off:

Wobbly Legs Syndrome - sit down in a travel agency and drool over a cruise brochure

First thing you do once away from the port - go for a big, greasy burger in a fast food joint. This helps bring you back to earth with a thud after all the rich dining and awesome treatment like a royal

That's funny --- but true! It's so weird coming back home after something too enjoyable.

• 5 months later...

For me, it's getting the photos printed and put in the album. I keep a cruise log and type that out. I get my pics onto Webshots and email my friends the link. Then at 4 o'clock the next morning, I beat the sh!t out of my alarm clock because, heavy sigh, reality has set back in, time to go to work and start saving for the next cruise. Which I'll know exactly what I want to do within 3 weeks.

My PCD starts the morning of departure off the ship. Initially, I think it's pretty funny in a demented kinda way.

Notice the change of mood the morning we disembark? Party music is replaced with eerie quiet, people are dragging their heels, faces are almost void of emotion.

The only communication my family makes to each other is to randomly say "Awwww!" followed by an empathetic response of "I knowwwww!"

I feel like I am leaving behind a dear, dear friend.

While driving back to Canada, you slowly add layers of clothing while also jacking up the heat in the car.

It is really hard returning home in the winter months.

Ok, this is horrible, I have not even got to the trip yet and I am dreading the long road back.

One thing I do is to go to a few tanning sessions a week or two apart. That helps a bit.

I talk incessantly about cruising, driving everyone around me insane.

Since I just recently found the Cruise Critic, I will probably spend months after the cruise pouring over these message boards and giving advice.

I groan and complain about the Michigan Weather.

And finally... I bug my husband about when we can start looking for our next cruise!

Well it has been nearly 2 weeks since my cruise was over and I am still spending too much time here! Is there a cruisecritic anoymous?

No, no one would join. :p

I've been back a month, just booked a CC cruise to the southern Caribbean for 2010. I feel soooo much better.

We always hit Orlando for a few days before and after.

Before the cruise we shop and after the cruise we check out the parks and to wind our way down. I think I'd crash hard if I had to go straight home after a cruise. - I hope that never happens!

I can totally identify with wanting to book again right away when I got home but, I have not done that yet as the time between booking and waiting for the trip is complete torture to me and I only go once a year.

I'd be completely certifiable within that years wait!

• 5 years later...

Ok so I realize this thread is SIX years old but the Post-Cruise Depression is something I've become alllll too familiar with!! We are just off the Norwegian Dawn this last Friday after 7-day Bermuda cruise... the weekend has consisted of unpacking, laundry, looking at vacation photos and portraits incessantly, being on Cruise Critic non-stop, trying to figure out how and when we can schedule another cruise... and DREADING work tomorrow...:/

Edited by welove2cruise2014

Ok so I realize this thread is SIX years old but the Post-Cruise Depression is something I've become alllll too familiar with!! We are just off the Norwegian Dawn this last Friday after 7-day Bermuda cruise... the weekend has consisted of unpacking, laundry, looking at vacation photos and portraits incessantly, being on Cruise Critic non-stop, trying to figure out how and when we can schedule another cruise... and DREADING work tomorrow...:/

I like that you brought back this thread. Post-Cruise Depression is real, and needs to be dealt with. :D

I tackle it by making a photo book. My husband takes (literally) THOUSANDS of photos, and it takes me a month to go through them all and assemble a cohesive photo book. Then (after ordering on-line) it generally takes a few weeks to get to me. By that time, I've conquered my PCD. :-)

My family starts their PCD on the morning of debarkation......usually involves the kids trying to convince us that we can stay just one more week and that nobody would mind, school, work, other guests that have the cabin booked, etc......then usually before I even land on the ground in CO I usually have a plan for our next cruise adventure in my mind, the PCD stays until I get the next deposit in.....should be any day now....

Maybe I should book a back to back and not tell the kids...one time I could just say, "okay, one more week will work" :)