Beach/Camel Rides in Tunis, Tunisia

emmalouisenicholson

We will be docking at the Port in Tunis for 1 day as part of an 11-night Mediterranean Cruise

We are hoping to have a Beach day whilst there

Can anyone confirm how far it is from the Port to a family Beach & if it is easy to get there?

We are also hoping to have a Camel ride whilst there - my 7 year old Son thinks this will be a highlight of our trip!

Can anyone confirm if they are available & the approximate cost?

Any help would be appreciated!

When we ported in Tunis, the camels showed up before the ship even cleared for disembarkation. We paid 10 euros for a camel ride for the two of us. We got quite a long ride (longer than my bad back wanted!), including lots of photos taken with our own camera in front of different backdrops. (Follow the Photos link in my signature if you want to see examples.) We were the first people off the boat and did the camel ride right away, and I think we got a longer ride than people who did the camel ride later or after excursions.

Sorry, I don't know about Gammarth, we didn't go there.

There weren't a lot of kids on our ship, but we did see some doing the camel rides. I think it would be a very fun and memorable activity for children, and quite safe.

I should have mentioned, the camels were right beside the gangplank. You'll be able to see them operating and decide if you want to give it a try. It's great entertainment for the people watching from the ship.

They also had a place set up where you could put on a Roman helmet and breastplate, sit on a throne with a hawk on each arm, and have your picture taken with Roman centurions beating a drum and parading in front of you. Yes, we did that one too! It was 10 euros, also.

Archived