passport, check cashed

maofthree

We applied (and paid the extra $$ to expidite) on March 1st. Imagine my shock and surprise to have my passport arrive exactly 10 days later (we leave March 21st).

With everyone saying things are taking a while, I fully expected them (my husbands arrive one day later) to arrive after we left.

So I am very pleased to announced not everyones passports are taking longer than expected!!

I hope your arrives SOON!! Cyndi

For my DH's renewal the check was cashed on 3/6. It showed up today on the status screen with an estimated delivery of 4/16. He sent it off 2/5. It is taking a really long time right now.

My experience is pretty much the same as Keksie's. I sent DH's passport renewal application in early February, the check cleared early March, and the State Department Web Site is showing that he should get his passport on 4/11. We're leaving on 4/22, so hopefully it will arrive in time. At least this is a renewal though, so we HAVE DH's original Birth Certificate if his Passport doesn't come in time. His old Passport expired ONE DAY before the end of our cruise! :rolleyes:

Guess that is now the penalty for waiting until the last minute. :(

Gosh, I know some book at the last minute. When we applied in 2004 for ours, it took approximately 6 weeks. Some friends of ours were supposed to go with us last year? Then hurricane Katrina hit. They received theirs after 12 weeks! All I know is that it is better to spend the money and just do it before you even think of taking the cruise! After all, they're good for ten years and for about $10 per year, it is an excellent form of i.d., accepted anywhere. I do know another user on here contacted their congressperson and did receive their passports in two days, go look for the thread, it's pretty recent! They were successful thanks to Fredr and I am sure you will be also maofthree!

Archived