Diving Cozumel

ABQrobin

I have not booked our diving yet for Cozumel and I am finding several options.

Has anyone used Shore Excursioneers for diving there?

When I looked at their website a month ago, they didn't have a single dive option. Now I see a couple. One says $65 and leaves from the International pier. I know that is where Sand Dollar (op used by cruise ships) is located but also Dive with Martin. I am wondering which one it is. It is cheaper by $10 than going through cruise ship.

They also show a dive trip going from a beach club for $105 per person. The photos (don't know how accurate) show a small boat. When we were at Money Bar snorkeling back in Oct we saw a small boat, think it was the same one in photos, pick up divers and head out.

Anyone have any experience with any of these???

Our biggest issue is the Freedom doesn't arrive at Puerta Maya until 10am. The independent dive ops I have contacted say that is too late for them unless we have 4 or more in our group. We have only 2 divers.

We have done tons of diving in Cozumel in the past, on land visits there, so we know how great the diving is out on the best reefs. Last thing we want to do it be dropped off on a couple of mediocre or shallow dives just because there are a bunch of newbies on the boat.

thanks!

Aldora in Cozumel. Steel tanks with Nitrox maxed out 3500 psi!!!

Love them

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Second vote for Aldora and often they can work with different cruise schedules...might be worth checking with them if you haven't already.

Sorry can't help with the other options.

We contacted Aldora already. They require a 5 hour window for their trips as they do longer dives and a 2 hour SI. With us arriving late, it may push us right to ship departure time. It is still an option, but was hoping to find other divers who wanted to share a boat so we can pick the start time and reefs.

Aldora uses big tanks, too, which isn't really what I want personally. I am a small woman and don't need that much air or weight on my back. It isn't a big deal to my husband one way or the other.

Did you try Scuba with Alison. She often holds for late cruisers.

Or- do you have a late night in Cozumel? If you have enough time to do an afternoon trip, I'd check into Tres Pelicanos.

Can't help you with Shore Excursion website.

I contacted Scuba Allison and she replied back that she is off the island that week.

we are only in Cozumel port 10am - 6pm.

If you have 4 divers Dive with Martin will probably set up a separate boat for you. Check your roll call. Maybe you can find 2 more divers to join you. We loved diving with them. Keep in mind that Cozumel is moving to Eastern time permanently Feb. 1 so you are arriving an hour later than you may have thought.

Edited by scubamargie

If you have 4 divers Dive with Martin will probably set up a separate boat for you. Check your roll call. Maybe you can find 2 more divers to join you. We loved diving with them. Keep in mind that Cozumel is moving to Eastern time permanently Feb. 1 so you are arriving an hour later than you may have thought.

I have been asking here on CC for months for other divers to join us but have yet to find anyone. Yes, Dive with Martin, Aldora, Sea and Adventure, plenty of other dive ops say they would take us... BUT WE NEED 4 DIVERS.

I was in the same boat last year, could not find a dive OP that ran boats that late. I contacted Christ at Blue XT-SEA and she was able to recommend some OPs that may run later boats.

I believe that SandDollar Sports is the OP for Carnival. They are the usual cruise ship OP, big boats, dives close to the ship (Paradise Reef, Santa Rosa Wall). Catering to new/vacation divers. They try to get their dives in as quickly and as close to the ship as possible. They get paid less than their normal 2 dive rate by the Cruise line and the cruise line adds a profit top.

hi ABQrobin- i will let my husband know there are other divers that will be on this cruise....he and another friend are experienced divers; so more than a beginners dive is what they will be interested in.

so they will be in Cozumel March 5th? On the Freedom?

I highly recommend Chucho Underwater (not to be confused with Chucho Divers). We have went diving with him on 3 different cruises that stopped in Cozumel and wouldn't think of diving with anyone else there. Safe diving and have a GREAT cruise!

http://chucho-underwater.com/

We will use them...tks for recommendation. Any opinions for dive outfits in Costa Rica or Cayman? Or land tours in Cartagena or Panama ?