Titou Gorge - how cold is it?

cos24

I enjoy the warm over the cold, but would like to try this adventure. But I want to be able to enjoy it without "feeling cold" the whole time. For those who have been there, would you recommend wearing a full wetsuit? Do people do that there?

You just get in and get wet. By the time you exit the gorge, the water doesn't feel cold at all.

And then there's the hot spring mini-waterfall when you're getting out.

It isn't frigid. It's cold, but, like I said, just get in and get wet and you'll be fine. No wetsuit needed.

Edited by NCTribeFan

We were just there this past Wednesday with Levi Baron of Bumpiing Tours. We were told the water was about 70 degrees, which does feel a bit chilly when the air temperature is in the mid 80's. Like a fellow Tribe fan just mentioned, jump in the water quickly and you are acclimated almost immediately.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, its cold! Youre best to just do the jump in. Its not really a long time in the water , unless its crowded and you have to wait to move on back....which is what we did....about halfway back you can go over to the edge and theres a ledge that you can stand on if you need to wait to swim back to the falls. Word of advice...stay in the water...don't have to go through the process of getting back into the cold water again. Its loads of fun though...very cool (no pun intended lol) place.

• 5 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Water is chilly when you get in and wear water shoes to protect your toes from stubbing on the rocks. Not too cold, but there is a hot spring where you get out to warm up at. Not much changing facilities there, so wear your suit.

Yep - I agree with the others. Wear water shoes, but no, wetsuit not needed. We live in Utah. To me, it wasn't any colder than an unheated swimming pool around here in the summer. It was very cool, but you're having fun and it's not a problem. Everyone in our group agreed that it wasn't as cold as we thought it would be.

Titou Gorge where part of Pirates Of The Caribbean 2 was filmed. It was an easy 10 minutes walk to the Gorge, where we got into cold mountain water and swam a short distance through a cave to a waterfall. (If you go, don't wimp out. It's worth the chill). We instantly warmed in the sun upon exiting and got toasty in a nearby hot spring.

• 2 weeks later...

Just returned from a cruise yesterday- the Bumpiing "wet" tour was the best tour I have taken in the Caribbean. I swim in the Finger Lakes in New York State- the gorge water isn't any colder than swimming in our lakes in June/ and early July. They currently have several feet of frozen ice!

• 4 weeks later...

Definitely don't let the cold stop you! It's a really cool place, unlike any where I have been before. We took our 1 year old in the water (not through the cave) and he did fine. The warm water fall will encourage you to get in :)

Sent from my iPhone using Forums