whar are the benefits of linking reservations

When reservations are linked you can also then choose other persons from the linked reservations when setting up excursions or specialty dining:D When I was booking our Portofino's reservations for our ExOS sailing last December, I was able to book for the other two couples linked to us to ensure they got the same time and table. One thing to know though, either you have to pay for them in full when you book (which I did) or they have to call RCCL within 24 hours to pay or the ressie will be cancelled:eek:

With our group it was so dining could be together, We have early dining. I am not sure what else it does for us, if anything. If you have My time dining it really wouldn't matter.

Same for us! We only used it so that our group could dine together.

We have linked for dining several times. That's the only reason I know of to link them. No other real purpose.

It also makes booking excursions easier if you want to do them together or have one person pay for multiple parties. I currently have a reservation linked with that of another couple (friends) We will be dining together, but also doing a couple of excursions together. Its a convenience in that we know right away if there are 4 spots available on that excursion without one couple buying and then the 2nd couple finding out its sold out. It might also have an affect (positive or negative) on the alleged upgrade fairy should she reveal herself.

I was told, but never had to use it (thankfully) that linking reservations would also assist should you have to use your cruise insurance. Example- 2 couples sail together, it's after final payment and one has a health issue that prevents them from traveling. Both couples would be able to cancel under that. Like I said, I've never had to put that to the test so I don't really know if that is 100%.

Erika

I was told, but never had to use it (thankfully) that linking reservations would also assist should you have to use your cruise insurance. Example- 2 couples sail together, it's after final payment and one has a health issue that prevents them from traveling. Both couples would be able to cancel under that. Like I said, I've never had to put that to the test so I don't really know if that is 100%.

Erika

I wouldn't have thought of that, but it does make sense.

Erika

I never thought of that. So I went and read my policy to see what it said.

“Traveling Companion” means a person or persons with

whom the Insured has coordinated travel arrangements and

intends to travel with during the Trip. A group or tour leader

is not considered a Traveling Companion, unless the

Insured is sharing room accommodations with the group or

tour leader.

Definitely sounds like it might apply.

How do you link reservations? We have used a travel agent and our friends booked directly with RC.

You need their reservation number. Then you have to call your TA and asked to be linked with reservation xxxxxxx. They could do the same with RCCL just to be safe.

If you are linked, your departure time will also be linked. The couple we were linked with decided to do the Luggage Valet thing and we couldn't figure out why we didn't get any luggage tags the night before departure - no problem straightening it out - they gave us a very low number when we inquired.

If you are linked, your departure time will also be linked. The couple we were linked with decided to do the Luggage Valet thing and we couldn't figure out why we didn't get any luggage tags the night before departure - no problem straightening it out - they gave us a very low number when we inquired.

Not neccessarily (sorry if my spelling is wonky - it's early:D), on our trip in December, our ressie was linked to the two other couples travelling with us. We had different departure times and different waiting areas. It might have to do with the fact they were first timers and DH and I are platinum. When I tried to get us together it was a no-can-do, so we had to use cell phones once off the ship to figure out where to meet up:)

Archived