Diversity (of people) on Asia Cruises - who's got the most?

skcruiser

Hello,

I'm looking to take a cruise to Asia next year. My most favorite part of travelling is being a part of the culture and learning about the people, as well as meeting people from other countries. For those of you who have cruised to Asia/South Pacific, were there a lot of Asians and/or Europeans on board? What cruise line did you take?

Thanks!

Star Cruises is the only "true" Asian cruise line that I know of, and their customers are predominantly Asian on the short 2-3day cruises, with some Europeans on the longer 4-5night cruises that go from Singapore up to Phuket, Thailand and back.

What you will find is excellent food that is offered either Western or Asian styles and lots of gambling.

Some of the shorter Star cruises are literally cruises to nowhere.... for gambling!!

We did the 5 day cruise a few years back on the Star Gemini, starting from Singapore stopping at Penang, Malacca, Phi-phi Island, Kuala Lumpur, Phuket and back to Singapore (not necessarily in that order).

On our cruise there were some New Zealanders and Brits (around 1/5 Western). There was not a lot in the way of entertainment as it was a small ship, but we loved the intimacy of it and made some great friends. We're Brits ourselves....

Star cruises now offer much larger ships - but I wish they would expand upon their itinerary...

Other than Star Cruises, there are some cruise lines such as Princess and Silversea that have itineraries that cover some Asian ports at some stage of the cruising year.

Hope this helps!!

Archived