Star Clipper vs Royal Clipper

cj013

Can anyone tell me which of these two ships are preferred. Also as far as motion sickness goes do either of these roll very much since rolling would be what would make me sick. Can anyone who has been on either of these tell me which deck would be better for the same reasons.

• 1 month later...

I have sailed on both ships in the Mediterranean and only slightly prefer the smaller Star. The Captain is very assessable on the Star and the dinning room is more relaxed, although neither is formal. I was on C deck on both sailings and there was never any rolling or pitching. I never heard complaints about any of the other decks. Sailing from port you will want to be on the top deck to see the sails unfurled and to hear the playing of Conquest Of Paradise as recorded by Vangelis which can stir you to your very soul. I would suggest choosing the ports you want to visit and take the ship that goes there. My favorite was one that included the incredibly beautiful Croatia.

Hope you have a wonderful trip wherever you go.

Trinka

• 2 weeks later...

After reading some other posts, I must say, whether the ship "rolls" or not has everything to do with the direction of the seas. We hit tough weather - strong winds and high seas. But we were hitting the waves directly on our bow, so the ship heaved up and down, rather than rolled from side to side. That being said, much of the voyage is by motor, and for the most part, the Capt. puts up the staysails for stability.

Try not to worry too much about it. You'll probably be fine.

Archived