How can you be contacted if your kids are in the kids club?

CaribbeanAmphibian

This is specifically for NCL and Carnival and for kids 5 and 7. If our kids want to leave the kids club I know at this age they are not able to sign themselves out, how does the kids club contact us on the ship? I have heard that for the younger kids that they give a pager or phone that you carry around with you, are you able to get one of these for the older kids group as well? Or do they have something else in place??

On the sign in sheet, they ask you where you are going to be. If you are not there, they can 1) phone your cabin, 2) track your keycard, 3) talk to your cabin steward, 4) use the security cameras or 5) page you on the public address system. Ships are not that big. There are only so many places (maybe 10 or so) that a person can be.

What I do is periodically check on the child. If it is not an actual emergency- they won't page you. I have never heard anyone being summoned to the youth program onboard. So it would be only a dire emergency.

If the child is sick or they have had an "accident", which does happen with the little ones, they will call your room and leave a message on the phone.

What I do is regularly check in at the youth program- every 2 hours by walking up there.

Now my son is older and can sign himself out- so it isn't an issue

• 4 weeks later...

On Carnival they give you a portable phone for the 5 year old age group. Ypu have to bring it with you every time you sign them in do they write down the #. You can also give the counselors of the older age group that # when signing in your older child and they will also use that to contact you. You sign up to get this phone the first night of your cruise and return it the last night. It was great. We love the feeling that they could get ahold of us anytime easily.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Forums mobile app

Recently on NCL Sun they gave us a pager, my kids are a bit older 8 and 6. My son has allergies so this may have been a safety precaution on the kids club team as well just in case. I did see some people requesting them. They seemed to have a lot of them available.

We were on Carnival Victory last week and had a 3 & 5 yr old in the kids club. We were given a phone, and older kids' parents could sign up for a phone 'on priority basis' So disabled/high risk kids first etc.

When I went to get some room service type stuff from the buffet, I was able to call our room on the phone and get advice from my wife ("Do you want the chocolate cake, or the banana pudding?") but when our son wet himself and the kids club phoned, we were in the theatre, and the music was so loud that we didn't hear the phone ring anyways.

In an unfortunate mistake, our son't wrist band was put on too tight by the KK staff, and he developed a nasty heat rash/eczema under it. Keep an eye on your little guys in that area! You may need to have the band snipped and replaced.

Our last cruise our youngest was 6. Carnival did not give us anything. As soon as we settled in with a drink and the words "I wonder how the kids are doing" were literally lingering in the air, we got paged over head.

Youngest DD was feeling seasick since the kids club was forward and the seas were a little on the rougher side. I wish they would of given us a pager. When we got there she was hysterically crying. Pretty sure they were not too sad to see her go and no she did not want to go back all week!

on NCL Jewel, we did not get pagers (7 & 9 YO's). They asked where we would be. One time they did call us in the cabin as my daughter wanted to leave.

That said, our kids spent much less time there than anticipated, but if they had wanted to stay for hours, I would have popped in to check every 2 hours max.

Sent from my XT897 using Tapatalk