stingray city

tfg

Hi

Does anyone know if you can get s taxi from the ship to stingray city?

I contacted src who advised to get a ship tour as transport is included but the ships tour is £50 each as opposed to $50 plus transport .

Any advice appreciated

Terry

Taxi will be dead easy from the ship. There are loads of drivers waiting for you. The ride would be about half an hour. The stingray excursion lasts about two hours at most and they leave at 9:00, 11:00, 13:00 quoting from memory. You could double check with their website, I'm sure. I really enjoyed Stingray City myself.

Just a further couple of thoughts, Terry. You are out in the sun for two hours, no shade, so be guided accordingly. If you have snorkel gear, take that (again, from memory, they may supply that). You will standing on sand up to your waist in the water but if you snorkel you can swim around there and look 'em in the eye. They will swim past and brush your leg. Initially it is terrifying but they are actually as soft as a kitten.

Just a further couple of thoughts, Terry. You are out in the sun for two hours, no shade, so be guided accordingly. If you have snorkel gear, take that (again, from memory, they may supply that). You will standing on sand up to your waist in the water but if you snorkel you can swim around there and look 'em in the eye. They will swim past and brush your leg. Initially it is terrifying but they are actually as soft as a kitten.

do you know how much it is per person? the rates were not on the website for stingray city which is a pet peeve of mine because it makes it much easier to research.

do you know how much it is per person? the rates were not on the website for stingray city which is a pet peeve of mine because it makes it much easier to research.

Hi

Yes it is $50 per person

Terry

• 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I want to take my daughter which I think she can go if we do it independently however p&o won't allow under 8's

I can't see our excursions yet on the personaliser, however thomson charge £48 and someone has said Cunard is £58, so by the time you book independently and hire a taxi, it is probably worthwhile doing the ships excursion

• 2 weeks later...