FTTF- don't get upset that I ask

Ta8633

I have seen a couple reviews saying it was worth it. You might try the search tool as it may have been a few weeks back.

We have purchased it ... Our take

1). Getting on board right behind the platinum diamond folks- this might be great or there could be a delay so not so great. We don't expect 'early' more like pre zone 1

2). Room ready - score

3). Tendering priority - good if you have tender ports and plans. Yahoo

4). Dinner - I think you may have access to a line with less wait. Neutral for us

5). Guest services - you have a special line (I think the one for plat/diamond). Neutral for us I don't think we have ever gone to gs.

So depending on your cruise style it may or may not be worth it. I may have missed or generalized but this is our take.:D

I have read many posts on this but am having trouble finding if people think it is a good deal and worth it?

Just noticed its available on the ecstasy for my cruise in 2 weeks.

This program is like any other. The value lies in what type of cruiser you are. If you get to the port early as a rule, getting on the ship before 12:30 is usually no problem. My wife and I have visited the pursors desk maybe 3 times in 11 cruises, so a seperate line isnt a priority. Some perks may be of great benefit to you and yours, while others will be seldom used. I also think it depends upon your personality and attitude as well...if you are like us; very laid back cruisers who dont mind waiting a little when need be, save your money for a wonderful formal portrait or a nice item from the duty free shop. Hope you have a wonderful cruise!:)

FTTF is an insult to those who invested their time and money to stay loyal to Carnival. CCL has put a price on that loyalty, it's worth $50.

My thoughts exactly. Why not just allow Gold Level to upgrade for $50.00? This new program does shed light though on the thought process behind changing the loyalty program to days vs. cruises.

I have seen a couple reviews saying it was worth it. You might try the search tool as it may have been a few weeks back.

1). Getting on board right behind the platinum diamond folks- this might be great or there could be a delay so not so great. We don't expect 'early' more like pre zone 1

2). Room ready - score

4). Dinner - I think you may have access to a line with less wait. Neutral for us

5). Guest services - you have a special line (I think the one for plat/diamond). Neutral for us I don't think we have ever gone to gs.

So depending on your cruise style it may or may not be worth it. I may have missed or generalized but this is our take.:D

On number 4 - there is no way to bypass the line for anytime dining whether you're FTTF or Diamond.

FTTF is an insult to those who invested their time and money to stay loyal to Carnival. CCL has put a price on that loyalty, it's worth $50.

I see where you are coming from and its understandable but I have to ask..

So what are your opinions on those who purchase it? Do the Carnival devotees / Platinums in the lounge sneer at the FTTF folks?

So what are your opinions on those who purchase it? Do the Carnival devotees / Platinums in the lounge sneer at the FTTF folks?

Remains to be seen. We've yet to sail on a ship where/when FTTF is offered.

2). Room ready - score

You missed one...priority luggage delivery.

For us, having the room ready when we board and having our luggage soon afterwards is worth every penny of that $50.

Well, that would be very childish and I hope no one would do that.

How about you in particular. You dont have to answer of course.
It's their money, and they would board *after* me.

This question would be better asked of a VIFP Gold with like 65 nights sailed, who is still sitting out in the corral with the unwashed masses. :rolleyes:

...............4). Dinner - I think you may have access to a line with less wait. Neutral for us

..................:D

On number 4 - there is no way to bypass the line for anytime dining whether you're FTTF or Diamond.

Adding on--

As stated above it's not for Priority dining aready onboard. It is for being on the priority list when assignments are being made.

As a Platinum we once booked a cruise too close to the sail date and we could not be accomodated with our choice.

There is a cutoff date.

A few times waiting in the ATD line the hostess knew we were Platinum and pulled us forward. :D

Are the FTTF S&S cards marked? I've only seen FTTF boarding passes on CC.

With FTTF you have to pay $50.00 everytime you sail. You only need to reach Platinum once. As I see it Platinum would be at least worth $450.00.

As for loyalty, how many have never cruised another cruise line?

Not sure how many but this guy and his DW are two. Our DD will become Platinum this summer and she is another.

As I understand FTTF folks will not be using the Platinum/Diamond Lounge. So Im saying the answer would be no.;)

To The OP. Like others have said. I think the big things are faster embarkation, faster luggage delivery, and faster to your room. If you do not board early this is negligible value. If you do, Maybe its a good deal??? Personally I hardly ever go to GS desk and when I have even at the VIP line service there is not much quicker unless there is a huge line. If thats the case I normally wait and go another time.

enjoy your cruise.

Thanks for the responses. I know I will have a great time whether I buy it or not. $50 would be more drinks on the ship.

Only thing that interests me most is the prIorIty tender boarding. But I can wait with the best of them. I also don't want to be eye-balled by the platinum members.

I can't wait as this is my first cruise. Woo Hoo! As I say in my job in planning large events, as long as I don't get food poisoning or die, it will be a success! :D

Thanks for the responses. I know I will have a great time whether I buy it or not. $50 would be more drinks on the ship.

Only thing that interests me most is the prIorIty tender boarding. But I can wait with the best of them. I also don't want to be eye-balled by the platinum members.

I can't wait as this is my first cruise. Woo Hoo! As I say in my job in planning large events, as long as I don't get food poisoning or die, it will be a success! :D

Great Attitude. You will have fun.

Welcome to the Addiction of cruising!!!

You can get an early tender without spending the $50.It just requires you to get up early and get the sticker or book an over priced excursion through Carnival :)

Only thing that interests me most is the prIorIty tender boarding. But I can wait with the best of them. :D

If you are cruising to Belize, the priority tendering alone would be worth it. Sometimes you can wait in line to tender almost 2 hours. (In Belize, you have to anchor 5 miles out, and tender in.)

We did F2F on Liberty a few weeks ago and it proved to be a crucial decision. We had need to go to Guest Services a lot during that first day due to stateroom issues, and there's no doubt in my mind that the priority line (for D/P/F2F) saved me at least an hour waiting time...possibly longer.

Also, if you have need to get on board quickly -- to reserve a good cabana at Half Moon Cay, or for other first-come-first-served requests -- the F2F would definitely be a good value.

Adding on--

As stated above it's not for Priority dining aready onboard. It is for being on the priority list when assignments are being made.

Although in another thread, F2F passengers reported being ushered into a priority line, bypassing others who were waiting at YTD.

Are the FTTF S&S cards marked? I've only seen FTTF boarding passes on CC.

They put a sticker on the back, much like the Bottomless Bubbles sticker on the front. Kinda lame, but there ya go.

I was able to confirm that only thirty F2F slots were sold for our sailing, and that seemed like a good balance for capacity control. There was seldom a priority line at Guest Services and when there was, it was only one other person in front of me. So D/P cruisers weren't inconvenienced too much there.

OP, I recommend F2F based on my experience, but as others have said, it really comes down to your planned activities, itineraries (for tendering), etc. Have fun on your cruise!

I am platinum and get all that stuff and some extra. I have to say that I don't think it is anywhere near worth 50 bucks. 10 bucks tops. Who cares if you get on a bit early? What is the big deal? Everyone leaves at the same time. As for priority tendering, you just go down early and get your ticket, very easy. If you have to get off early for an non-ship excursion just tell them that and they will let you off early. As for guest services just go late at night or early in the morning and there is no line.

However I do think it is cheesy of carnival to sell the privledges, for 50 bucks, that people have spent thousands to earn.

Archived