Homewood Suites -- Cape Canaveral -- when is it opening?

SherriZ366

According to an article from May 2014, it said "opening late next year", which would mean late this year. Who knows exactly when now though. Google Streetview shows construction well underway as of March 2015, right across from the Country Inn and Suites.

edited to add:, another article from the groundbreaking last October mentions Nov 2015 opening.

Edited by DanJ

I called the main reservation number last week and was told March,2016. I was placed on hold a few times while the person checked into it. I plan to call back again in a few months to see if the opening date changes.

I called the main reservation number last week and was told March,2016. I was placed on hold a few times while the person checked into it. I plan to call back again in a few months to see if the opening date changes.
Thanks -- good information. We have cruises booked in Jan., June and Nov. 2016 and another one in Feb. 2017 out of Port C. We usually stay at Residence Inn but it is good to have another option. I wonder what their rates will be.

• 4 weeks later...

I work two doors down. They just began construction in the past month--the outer walls are in place--the entire 6 stories is concrete block with steel studs. I'm putting in a standing reservation for hurricane stays!

I work two doors down. They just began construction in the past month--the outer walls are in place--the entire 6 stories is concrete block with steel studs. I'm putting in a standing reservation for hurricane stays!
Thanks for the update -- do you think it will be done by December? Good idea for hurricane reservations.

• 2 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Why do you think March? Looks pretty far along now

Don't know about the Homewood Suites, but often for construction on larger commercial buildings and hotel, especially those over 2 stories in height, there's a lot of interior work to be done after the outside walls are up. Only 80 days left in the year (70 if you think it'd be open before Christmas). 40 if they don't work weekends.

March gives them wiggle room.

Don't know about the Homewood Suites, but often for construction on larger commercial buildings and hotel, especially those over 2 stories in height, there's a lot of interior work to be done after the outside walls are up. Only 80 days left in the year (70 if you think it'd be open before Christmas). 40 if they don't work weekends.

March gives them wiggle room.

Sign still says December, plus the drywall is almost complete so the mechanicals are all in. I'm still optimistic

• 3 weeks later...

I have been periodically checking Homewood Suites website to see if the new Cape Canaveral hotel is listed yet and if reservations can be made for April, 2016.

This morning when I checked, the hotel is now listed as opening in June, 2016 and they are not accepting reservations yet. :(

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/homewood-suites-by-hilton-cape-canaveral-cocoa-beach-MLBCBHW/index.html

I have been periodically checking Homewood Suites website to see if the new Cape Canaveral hotel is listed yet and if reservations can be made for April, 2016.

This morning when I checked, the hotel is now listed as opening in June, 2016 and they are not accepting reservations yet. :(

http://homewoodsuites3.hilton.com/en/hotels/florida/homewood-suites-by-hilton-cape-canaveral-cocoa-beach-MLBCBHW/index.html

Sounds like it will not be possible until our Nov. 2016 cruise. Thanks for the update.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...