Half Moon Cay Review

Lisa5960

We just returned from a Carnival Glory cruise and Half Moon Cay - and we loved it!

We rented a float for $14.99 and a snorkel set for $19.99. Don't bother with the snorkel - there really wasn't any fish to see and other stops have much better snorkeling opportunities. The float was wonderful - so relaxing and I almost fell asleep floating!

We walked down next to Cabana 6 and pulled our chairs up under the shade of the casuarina trees, and it was never too hot! Next time, I would walk even further down the beach to get away from the loud music blasting from the pirate ship bar.

You could go to the pirate ship for drinks, but bar servers were also walking up and down the beach.

The buffet lunch was pretty good - no complaints.

This was a relaxing day and we loved it.

Thanks for the review. We sail the Glory in April & are excited about our first trip to Half Moon Cay!!

Can you tell me if you can use your S&S card on the island for drink purchases or is it strictly cash?

Thanks for the review. We sail the Glory in April & are excited about our first trip to Half Moon Cay!!

Can you tell me if you can use your S&S card on the island for drink purchases or is it strictly cash?

Commonly discussed here. The island is an extension of the ship...you use your card ashore the same way you do on the ship. Exception...if the locals have their booths open, they accept cash only.

Commonly discussed here. The island is an extension of the ship...you use your card ashore the same way you do on the ship. Exception...if the locals have their booths open, they accept cash only.

Thanks so much!! I did find the answer a bit farther down this forum, feel ally not searching deeper before asking 😀

Do you recall how long lunch is served? Were there long lines with 3-4 thousand folks all at the same time? Also, someone told me they do parasailing at this location but I've never seen anything stating that, did you see any?

TIA

From pictures I have seen there seems to be a path or walkway behind the cabanas. is this correct? when we go in March we will have several little ones and perhaps strollers. trudging through the sand to a quiet spot seems to negate the enjoyable day I anticipate having!!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

There is an area for snorkeling near the oasis. It's not the best we've seen but we were entertained. Also, half of our group snorkeling back from that area to our villa, and ran into a baracuda. That was about two weeks after the guy got bit there. Our group saw it and swam away with out incident.