Rodeway Fort Lauderdale Day Room Review

sunnychick75

I couldn't find much on here regarding actual reviews of the day room at Rodeway when I was doing my research, so I figured I'd post my review for any of you that may be considering it. I was kind of skeptical because the general hotel reviews from other sites were iffy to put it nicely. But, I figured $49.99 was a great price and we were only using the room for a few hours to nap anyways so it couldn't be that bad.

I called the hotel directly and booked the day room about two weeks before our cruise. Making the reservation was quick and easy and they explained in detail what was included and how to make the shuttle arrangements at the port. So far so good.

The morning we arrived in port, December 6th, I called for the shuttle pick us up once we cleared customs. They told us it would be about a 45 minute wait, however, it was less than that, I'd say about 30 minutes. We were the last pick up so we headed straight to the hotel, which isn't far from the port. Check in was quick and the gal who checked us in was friendly and made our arrangements for our shuttle to the airport later that evening. We were given a second floor room in the building at the rear of the property. There are no elevators but I knew that and didn't mind having a room on the second floor, figured it would be quiet, and we didn't have much luggage anyways. I'm sure if we asked they would have given us a first floor room.

Our room was actually really nice. I think we got one of the remodeled ones, it looked just like the picture on the website. It even had a jacuzzi bathtub, although we didn't use it. It had a microwave,refrigerator and a coffee pot too, which we did use. The bathroom was a bit small, but we just got off the ship so it was spacious enough :). The bed was comfortable and the room was clean. The location gave us a quiet room just as I had expected. We were quite happy with the accommodations.

We didn't use the pool, however, there were quite a few people that were using it and it looked clean. The wi-fi worked really well too. They have computers that you can use to print off boarding passes and such but they charge $1 for up to four pieces of paper. There's a small gift shop in the lobby and a restaurant on site, but we didn't use those either. There's a 7-11 that is about a mile away, and we took a walk there to get some snacks for our flight. The walk was fine this time of year, however, I imagine it wouldn't be fun in the summer.

We scheduled ourselves for the 6pm shuttle to the airport. The shuttle was on time, actually, we left a few minutes early. The airport is super close so it was a quick ride.

I know if we ever find ourselves with a late flight our of FLL again I wouldn't hesitate to book the day room again.