Alamo Rent a Car question

Riemercruisin

We decided to stay for a week in Miami after our cruise in February.

So, I went online on Alamo Insiders to make a reservation and I got a Premium SUV for $183 for the entire week.

Now when I check pricing, this same car is $700 + for the week. My question is - was it a glitch when I booked? Will they honor the low rate (I already checked in online / have the ByPass counter confirmation).

I'm afraid they will realize the low rate when we get there and charge us more. Not going to call them, because I don't want a red flag. What do you think???:confused:

If your reservation has that rate quoted, you are golden. :D

As mentioned above, print it out, insist on that price, do not budge, and I always suggest checking with your personal auto insurance policy to see if you need any of the over-priced insurance/waivers they try to push on you.

Have used Alamo many times at different locations.

Their prices are always guaranteed as booked.

The only changes could be local tax increases beyond their control.

Prices can fluctuate widely on any given day but will in no way affect your conformed booking .

Just had a similar experience with Budget. I had booked 6 months ago and got a great price. Had been checking regular, and the price was almost 4 times as much as I paid. When we went to check in, the agent had to call her supervisor to check out the reservation. They couldn't believe that It was so cheap. I had printed out all the booking info and they made a copy of my paper work. They said it was a good thing that I had the reservation printed out for them to see. They honored the reservation price, but it did take a bit longer than usual. Just make sure you have all your paperwork with the price on it.

Claudia

JWhen we went to check in, the agent had to call her supervisor to check out the reservation. They couldn't believe that It was so cheap.

They honored the reservation price, but it did take a bit longer than usual. Just make sure you have all your paperwork with the price on it.

This is what I'm afraid of. In my case, I have the "Bypass the Counter" option, so I'm afraid the hold up will be at the exit and I'll end up stopping 34 cars behind me from getting out.

That sounds like a great deal! I would just print out your confirmation just incase there is any problem. But like many others have said, I would say you are all good to go!! If you don't mind me asking, which location did you rent to get a premium SUV from Alamo? I am trying to find one for our trip in July. All I found was a mini van :eek:And I am afraid we will be packed in there with 6 people and our luggage :rolleyes:

If you don't mind me asking, which location did you rent to get a premium SUV from Alamo?

We are renting from Miami Airport for 7 days. I really thought (and maybe it is) this was a computer glitch. I jumped on it and have everything printed out twice.:D

Have you joined Alamo Insiders? There are also coupon codes for Budget depending on your rental days.

Riemercruisin I have joined the insiders. Makes it so much easier to check in for the rentals doesn't it? :) I am also a Costco member. Are you one? They usually can't be beat for their prices. Your rental for the week is great!! I am paying $120 for a 1 day rental :o It still works out cheaper to get a rental than to pay for a taxi for all 6 of us. I always prefer to rent with Alamo because of their policy of not putting a hold on your car. They actually just run the charge for the specific amount. I found a great deal through Avis, but then I realized Avis doesn't offer a shuttle to/from the airport. That was a biggie for me to rent through Alamo was their free shuttle pick up/drop off.

I have gotten great deals with Alamo. There won't be a problem at the exit as long as you have a paid confirmation receipt. Prices fluctuate all the time. Alamo bids out on Priceline too & lots of people (including me) have gotten unbelievable rates! Relax & enjoy your vacation! :)