New to RCI - have questions

Experienced cruisers but new to RCI. Taking family on the Navigator for thanksgiving 2015. Have a grand suite for three adults booked and an aft balcony for two adults and two children booked. Now here goes my questions.

- are we allowed to bring on board 4 bottles of wine and no corkage fee?

- can I use the concierge to make specialty dining room reservations for all seven of us and just not the occupants in the suite?

Or

- can I make dining reservations for the specialty restaurants on line before the cruise?

- can I book a cabana for Coco Cay ahead of time? Will RCI allow 5 adults and 2 children in a single cabana?

RCI informed me that the priority sitting for the pools is just for suite guests and would not include the party in the balcony cabin. Can anyone verify that?

I appreciate any feedback that anyone can provide. Thanks so much.

You are only allowed to bring on 2 bottles of wine per stateroom. There are no corkage fees.

Preferred pool seating is for suite guests and Pinnacle members only.

You would need to contact the Concierge to book a cabana on Coco Cay.

Edited by clarea

Experienced cruisers but new to RCI. Taking family on the Navigator for thanksgiving 2015. Have a grand suite for three adults booked and an aft balcony for two adults and two children booked. Now here goes my questions.

- are we allowed to bring on board 4 bottles of wine and no corkage fee? Two bottles per cabin and there is no corkage fee

- can I use the concierge to make specialty dining room reservations for all seven of us and just not the occupants in the suite? Yes, you need names and cabin number of the other parties and link the reservations to yours.

Or

- can I make dining reservations for the specialty restaurants on line before the cruise? Yes, go to cruise planner/dining and select date and restaurant name. You need the other parties' reservation number to link them. You can see the available times. If you don't see the time you like, wait until you board aor contact the concierge, you may be able to get the time you want -- they always save time slots for those guests who decide on the spur of the moment.

- can I book a cabana for Coco Cay ahead of time? Will RCI allow 5 adults and 2 children in a single cabana? If you are in a suite, contact your concierge, or your concierge will contact you and you can tell him/her then. If you're not in the suite -- it is almost a MUST to reserve ahead of time, at least in Labadee..I haven't been there in a while.

RCI informed me that the priority sitting for the pools is just for suite guests and would not include the party in the balcony cabin. Can anyone verify that? It is only for the suite guests just as the show seats are.

I appreciate any feedback that anyone can provide. Thanks so much.

See answers above :)

Edited by nednrom

IF there are seats available in the "suite" section in the theater about 10mins prior to the show, they will be released to the general public....so your balcony friends might be able to sit with you that way. Otherwise, just go sit with them from the get-go!