Winery with the walls of Lucca?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

** Please post your recommendations ONLY in response to request...do not start a new thread. Thanks!
Italy Ports
Capri, Florence, Genoa, Naples, Palermo, portofino, Rome, Sardinia, Sorrento, Taormina, Venice
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 08:07 PM.
#1
canada
812 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
I have posed this question on another thread and also done a google search, but I would like to hear from CC'ers if they have experienced a wine tour within the walls of Lucca or just outside? Also with Lucca being a walking town, is there any must sees and restaurant recommendations that are not miles away from the entrance of the walls?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






#2
345 Posts
Joined Jul 2007
We will be visiting Lucca this July. I have done alot of research on a couple of boards. These restaurants come highly recommended:

http://www.trattoriadaleo.it/Home_en.html

http://www.ristorantegliorti.it/LENG...hhcm-Home.html

I have other posts from cc and trip advisor on Lucca in email form that I could forward to you if you send me your email address I will forward them to you.

Here is a site for a wine tour that will pick you up at your hotel:

http://www.notordinaryways.com/tusca...wine-tours.htm

This is as far as I have gotten with my winery research.

Here is a good walking map of Lucca:

http://lindquistguides.com/map.htm

Where are you staying in Lucca?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
#3
canada
812 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by travelteach326
We will be visiting Lucca this July. I have done alot of research on a couple of boards. These restaurants come highly recommended:

http://www.trattoriadaleo.it/Home_en.html

http://www.ristorantegliorti.it/LENG...hhcm-Home.html

I have other posts from cc and trip advisor on Lucca in email form that I could forward to you if you send me your email address I will forward them to you.

Here is a site for a wine tour that will pick you up at your hotel:

http://www.notordinaryways.com/tusca...wine-tours.htm

This is as far as I have gotten with my winery research.

Here is a good walking map of Lucca:

http://lindquistguides.com/map.htm

Where are you staying in Lucca?
We are not staying in Lucca but rather on a one day port call from Florence. Our plan is to go to Pisa for the photo op in the morning and then travel to Lucca and visit a winery for the remaining part of the day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






#4
Las Vegas, NV
96 Posts
Joined May 2004
Originally posted by anniversay/grad trip
We are not staying in Lucca but rather on a one day port call from Florence. Our plan is to go to Pisa for the photo op in the morning and then travel to Lucca and visit a winery for the remaining part of the day.
Here's a few resources to help you get started:
http://www.welcometuscany.it/special...montecarlo.htm

(hopefully this link will work - http://translate.google.com/translat...vino%26hl%3Den

if not, google Lucca Strada del Vino and translate www.stradavinoeoliolucca.it
#6
Toronto, Canada
944 Posts
Joined Aug 2009
Originally posted by travelteach326
We will be visiting Lucca this July. I have done alot of research on a couple of boards. These restaurants come highly recommended:

http://www.trattoriadaleo.it/Home_en.html

http://www.ristorantegliorti.it/LENG...hhcm-Home.html

I have other posts from cc and trip advisor on Lucca in email form that I could forward to you if you send me your email address I will forward them to you.

Here is a site for a wine tour that will pick you up at your hotel:

http://www.notordinaryways.com/tusca...wine-tours.htm

This is as far as I have gotten with my winery research.

Here is a good walking map of Lucca:

http://lindquistguides.com/map.htm

Where are you staying in Lucca?
great map. will print it out....thanks
#7
canada
812 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by ~Fianna
Here's a few resources to help you get started:
http://www.welcometuscany.it/special...montecarlo.htm

(hopefully this link will work - http://translate.google.com/translat...vino%26hl%3Den

if not, google Lucca Strada del Vino and translate www.stradavinoeoliolucca.it
Thank you so much this is very helpful...
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






#8
Las Vegas, NV
96 Posts
Joined May 2004
Originally posted by anniversay/grad trip
Thank you so much this is very helpful...
You're welcome!

We're planning on doing a similar day when we're in Livorno, so I've started trying to dig up some resources.
#9
canada
812 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by ~Fianna
You're welcome!

We're planning on doing a similar day when we're in Livorno, so I've started trying to dig up some resources.
I know that within the walls of Lucca there are quaint shops and lovely restaurants. I have done some research myself, but I haven't been able to pinpoint the must sees. We are planning on having an authentic lunch and with the help of these boards I have narrowed down our choices to one or two possibilities. Have you decided on a walking route, or stops that you plan to see? That is where I am running into a bit of a road block...any help would be wonderful.....thanks in advance for any help you can offer.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature






#11
2,910 Posts
Joined Jun 2002
Interesting things to do and see in Lucca:
  • Walk/bicycle around the walls (much more fun than it sounds! )
  • See the Piazza dell'Anfiteatro - was once a Roman amphitheatre - have a coffee or a gelato at one of the cafes.
  • Visit the Duomo di San Martino (St Martin's Cathedral)
  • Climb the Torre Guinigi - lovely views, and there are oak trees growing out of the top of the tower.

Lisa