RCCL ship cabins?

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

89 Posts
Joined Jun 2007
Which ships have cabins that will fit a family of 5? I checked the Oasis and there is only one cabin on the whole ship for 5 and it is for a wheel chair. We will be traveling with 3 kids and want them in our room.
Thanks
London
2,581 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Originally posted by pomlover
Which ships have cabins that will fit a family of 5? I checked the Oasis and there is only one cabin on the whole ship for 5 and it is for a wheel chair. We will be traveling with 3 kids and want them in our room.
Thanks
Is a connecting room out of the question?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Reviews

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=2104491 Cruise Review - Oasis of the Seas Cruise Review

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=2099162 Live Cruise Review - Oasis of the Seas 2014

http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1917158 - Cruise Review - Allure of the Seas 2013
http://cruiseforums.cruisecritic.com....php?t=1911250 Live Review - Allure of the Seas - September 2013

Upcoming Cruises

Completed Cruises

10-24-2009 (24th October 2009) Liberty of the Seas, 09-09-2012 (9th September 2012) Allure of the Seas, 09-16-2012 (16th September 2012) Allure of the Seas, 09-08-2013 (8th September 2013) Allure of the Seas, 09-13-2014 (13th September 2014) Oasis of the Seas.
Toronto, Canada
3,605 Posts
Joined Feb 2006
For 5 on Oasis your best bet is either the Royal Family Suite (sleeps 8) or the Family Interior Stateroom, which can accommodate 6.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Melanie
Merion, Pennsylvania
57,371 Posts
Joined Oct 2003
Thanks
Get two connecting rooms, open the connecting door, and voilá, you have a two room suite with two bathrooms!
Scotland
429 Posts
Joined Jul 2012
On deck 7 aft there are two Family Balcony Staterooms (FB) cabin numbers 7330 and 7730. These staterooms have a double bed, a double sofabed and 2 pullman beds arranged like bunk beds (one on top of the other). The balcony is longer too. I'm sure that someone posted video footage of one on you tube.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Future Cruise
Independence of the Seas .......... 7th July 2017

Past Cruises
Anthem of the Seas - March 2016
Norwegian Epic - October 2014
Allure of the Seas - October 2012
Oasis of the Seas - October 2010
VA, MD & FL
6,190 Posts
Joined Apr 2006
I think that there are rooms for 5 or more that are held for larger parties and are not for sale to smaller groups [unless they are still available close to sailing] and hence do not appear on the website. You have to call RCI for info. But do consider connecting cabins - [very] occasionally it can be cheaper to get connecting cabins than cram everyone into one cabin - and that extra bathroom is really nice to have.

Thom
TigerTown , oHIo 44646
4,686 Posts
Joined Sep 2003
Originally posted by Merion_Mom
Get two connecting rooms, open the connecting door, and voilá, you have a two room suite with two bathrooms!

With 5 of them the two bathrooms would be a plus and well worth it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Go Tigers !

Ferry 'Cross The Mersey - 1997 - Liverpool
California
871 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
Originally posted by Merion_Mom
Originally posted by TheMiz
With 5 of them the two bathrooms would be a plus and well worth it.
IMO, this is the best choice also. It is what I have done in the past (though, I only needed room for 4). Having 2 bathrooms is really nice, offers Mom and Dad a little bit of privacy, and may actually be cheaper than a room that will comfortably fit 5 (and may only have one bathroom). On many ships, there are higher class cabins connected to lower class, such that the kids cabin won't be as expensive as the parents (Voyager has a balcony connected to an ocean view, such that the OV room will have a bit more interior space at a little less cost, and Mom/Dad can have a balcony - did that once too).
virginia
7,499 Posts
Joined Oct 2010
Originally posted by 3dog
IMO, this is the best choice also. It is what I have done in the past (though, I only needed room for 4). Having 2 bathrooms is really nice, offers Mom and Dad a little bit of privacy, and may actually be cheaper than a room that will comfortably fit 5 (and may only have one bathroom). On many ships, there are higher class cabins connected to lower class, such that the kids cabin won't be as expensive as the parents (Voyager has a balcony connected to an ocean view, such that the OV room will have a bit more interior space at a little less cost, and Mom/Dad can have a balcony - did that once too).
The other advantage of this arrangement is that you do not have to worry that the kids could go out on the balcony without you hearing it.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Previous Cruises:Carnival Ecstasy– July 2000: Mexico; Carnival Fantasy– August 2006: Bahamas; Carnival Pride –October 2009: Bahamas; Celebrity Constellation–March 2010: Panama Canal; Enchantment of the Seas–June 2010: Eastern Caribbean, September 2010: New England and Canada, March 2012: Southern Caribbean; Celebrity Mercury–November 2010 Eastern Caribbean and January 2011 Bahamas and Florida; Carnival Legend –April 2011: Western Caribbean; Radiance of the Seas--Alaska; August 2012, Explorer of the Seas--Bermuda: October 2012; Legend of the Seas –Transatlantic, October 2013; Brilliance of the Seas--North Atlantic TA: August 2014; Vision of the Seas--Southern Caribbean: November 2014; Serenade of the Seas--B2B Bahamas and Western Caribbean: March/April 2015; Southern Caribbean: November 2015; Grandeur of the Seas–June 2005: Bermuda, April 2013: Caribbean reposition cruise; March 2014: Western Caribbean, April 2016: Eastern Caribbean, July 2016: Bermuda/Bahamas, Harmony of The Seas-- October 2016: Transatlantic, Equinox-- .February 2017: Mardi Gras cruise
Lynchburg, VA
4,967 Posts
Joined Jan 2007
Another vote for 2 connecting cabins. You don't say the ages of your kids, but, if you need space for a pack n play or a crib or whatever, this would be my choice. Cabins are tiny, best bet and cheapest is 2 connecting, 2 TVs, 2 bathrooms, if kids are fighting or cranky, seperate them. Good luck!