Carnival gave us the 110% excursion credit

ontheweb

They say to give them 48 hours, so when I saw an e-mail only 6+ hours after I applied for the 110% excursion difference credit OBC, I thought at best they were asking for more information, and at worst they were denying it. Instead they congratulated me on receiving the credit and listed the amount.

I got the credit for a tour on Catalina Island. Carnival used a tour operator that also sold tours privately for about 1/3 less. I noticed that after I had already taken the Carnival-sponsored tour, and they promptly gave me OBC for the difference.

Worked for me also! I also got the onboard credit for the floatplane and crabfeeding excursion in Ketchikan.

However, it looks like I'll be cancelling, but good to know it works!

For everyone who asked what excursion it was---Harrison's Caves in Barbados.

If they were looking for technicalities, I suppose they could have said that though the tour was the same length, it left a little later in the morning. Or they could have said it picked you up at your HOTEL. (Though I had e-mailed the provider and they said they do pick up at cruise ships. I added this in the comments sections.)

BTW, thanks for the congratulations. My TA also did not expect me to get it. He said he had had only one person receive it in the past.

Well after reading this post I have sent a request to Carnival for 2 excursions for my October cruise. Catamaran sail and snorkel in Montego Bay, Sea turtle adventure in Grand Cayman.

I am bummed about the Cozumel excursion Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park all inclusive and sea lion show. It seems carnival is the only place offering this exact package.

Edited by kylesplash

We got an onboard credit for an excursion price drop on a Carnival excursion in June on Alaska cruise. Not sure which one, but we didn't even know about it until we got onboard and noticed it on our account. I guess the price dropped so they gave us the credit, that is all we could figure out. It was only $20pp, but that was nice. As I said, we didn't even know a price had dropped..

So they do that type of credit, also.

Well after reading this post I have sent a request to Carnival for 2 excursions for my October cruise. Catamaran sail and snorkel in Montego Bay, Sea turtle adventure in Grand Cayman.

I am bummed about the Cozumel excursion Chankanaab Beach Adventure Park all inclusive and sea lion show. It seems carnival is the only place offering this exact package.

You can do Chankanaab on your own too. It is $11 taxi ride from the port and there are an abundance of taxis. It is less than a 10 minute ride. Go to their website and download $2 off the admission price. Chankanaab is my favorite place to go in Cozumel.

Just received a credit last night for Belize - Sharks, Rays and Island Getaway.

I was denied the credit for the Sharks Rays and Island Getaway in Belize a few years back. Carnival claimed there was a difference of 1/2 hour between the two excursions.

Glad you were able to get it!

Edited by evandbob

Carnival excursion guarantee. If you find the excursion offered cheaper through an independent vendor, they will give you back 110% in OBC.

To follow on, this also allows Carnival to track which of the vendors are violating the terms and conditions of the contract with Carnival.

Which T&C you ask? The one that says that the vendor will not sell directly to their cruise passengers the exact same excursion for a cheaper rate.

Do you call Carnival or send a email to who? Also do you have to copy and paste the name of the private excursion. In other words just how do you get the credit. I'm old so need step by step instructions. Thanks for anyone that can help me. :)

UGGGHHH, I have been battling carnival since I posted this. They keep rejecting the excursions I find, even though they line up perfectly with what they are offering. I don't know if I am breaking down the wall, but I finally got some good news:

"Hello Kyle,

Thank you for submitting a Shore Excursions Best Price Guarantee claim.

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an on board credit of $19.78 for two adult tickets at $9.89 per ticket. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this on board credit which will only show once on board.

Although your claim was accepted it was approved under the rate of $61.00 rate per adult. The provided excursion does not include an open bar, which our Excursion Managers have valued at $6.00 per guest, hence the $61.00 rate.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

it's only $19.78, but I see it as a small victory!

UGGGHHH, I have been battling carnival since I posted this. They keep rejecting the excursions I find, even though they line up perfectly with what they are offering. I don't know if I am breaking down the wall, but I finally got some good news:

"Hello Kyle,

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an on board credit of $19.78 for two adult tickets at $9.89 per ticket. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this on board credit which will only show once on board.

Although your claim was accepted it was approved under the rate of $61.00 rate per adult. The provided excursion does not include an open bar, which our Excursion Managers have valued at $6.00 per guest, hence the $61.00 rate.

We appreciate your patience and apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused you."

it's only $19.78, but I see it as a small victory!

OOOO they emailed me again:

"Hello Kyle,

We are excited to inform you that your claim was accepted and your account will have an on board credit of $10.99 per person. You may print out this email for your records and proof of this on board credit which will only show once on board the ship.

Doesn't it feel great to book your excursions knowing you got the best price?

I love it!!!! Now I just need to find an alternative to the ALL INCLUSIVE CHANKANAAB BEACH DAY & SEA LION SHOW

Does anyone know if there is a penalty for canceling an excursion you already booked?