Ocean liner exhibition in London next year

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:52 AM.
Vale of Glamorgan
3,384 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Thanks both, Christmas list it is then !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Philadelphia, PA
104 Posts
Joined May 2004
I just discovered that the Peabody Essex Museum created an hour video tour of the exhibit, narrated by the curator. I'm not familiar enough with Facebook to provide a direct link, but this one will get you to the museum's list of videos. Then look for the 55 minute one titled "Facebook Live exclusive tour of OceanLiners exhibit with Maritime Curator Dan Finamore". It's excellent additional background.
https://www.facebook.com/pg/PeabodyEssexMuseum/videos/
Vale of Glamorgan
3,384 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Thanks for posting, I hope to get chance to watch it later.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
UK, South Wales
31 Posts
Joined Nov 2011
This seems as if it's going to be well worth a visit. Why didn't I open CC before booking my tickets for a west end show on 16 June.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Vale of Glamorgan
3,384 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
Originally posted by MWINT
This seems as if it's going to be well worth a visit. Why didn't I open CC before booking my tickets for a west end show on 16 June.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Sounds like a good excuse for another visit !
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Chicago, IL, USA
1,994 Posts
Joined Jul 2000
Hi,

Note that the ocean liner exhibit at the V&A is scheduled to run from February 3 through June 10, 2018. Based on my visit to this exhibit in Massachusetts last week, it is definitely well worth a visit.

Chuck
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
554 days - 87 cruises - 64 ships

Royal Caribbean (124 days, 22 cruises); Princess (120 days, 18 cruises); Cunard (105 days, 17 cruises); Norwegian (53 days, 8 cruises); Celebrity (51 days, 8 cruises); Crystal (43 days, 5 cruises); Holland America (38 days, 5 cruises); Other (20 days, 4 cruises)

Future cruises: Crown Princess, Feb. 23, 2018 (8-day Southern Caribbean); Emerald Princess, May 9, 2018 (4-day Pacific Coastal); Queen Victoria, Sep. 22, 2018 (7-day Mediterranean)

Areas cruised to: Alaska; Asia (Hong Kong, Japan, Singapore, South Korea, Thailand); Australia; Bahamas; Bermuda; Canada/New England; Caribbean; Greek Islands; Hawaii; Mediterranean; Mexican Riviera; Norway; Pacific Coastal; Panama Canal; Scandinavia/Russia; Spain/Portugal; Tahiti; Transatlantic Crossings