Kings Court

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 03:02 PM.
289 Posts
Joined Mar 2009
Originally posted by tv24
Unfortunately you are out of luck. Kings Court is open only during its regular hours which are posted in the daily program. It's not a round-the-clock operation. If you get back from an excursion at an odd hour, I recommend room service if you need some sustenance.
I think you mean the Britannia restaurant, as the Kings Court is open all the time.
midwest
964 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Originally posted by Summergee
We last travelled on QM2 8 years ago and are due to travel on her next month. Can anyone tell me how the Kings Court has changed since we last travelled on her?
Back on your last QM2 voyage, the KC offered FREE alternative dining at one of the four venues in the evening. Now, there is a charge for the alternative meal and their menus have changed from 2009…

Physically, the remastering improved the flow of chaos (IMO). Also, the new area replacing the Winter Garden is lovely. I was one who thought I would miss WG for old-times-sake, but the change was such an improvement. Look for the counter which offers lighter and quick food items, away from the hub-bub of the main KC.

Last October & November, KC had a chocolate extravaganza in the afternoon (unadvertised) which we had never stumbled upon during other voyages. I don't know if this was altogether "new" or just something we missed previously. A lotta calories available!

Happy Sailing, Jimmybean
Pennsylvania
5,585 Posts
Joined Jul 2010
Originally posted by jimmybean
Back on your last QM2 voyage, the KC offered FREE alternative dining at one of the four venues in the evening. Now, there is a charge for the alternative meal and their menus have changed from 2009…
The fee is still (barely) low enough to be appear as a money grab. I've heard here that when it was free people would make a reservation and then no-show so this helps in that regard. We enjoy the KC dinners and don't mind paying what they ask.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Past:
Queen Mary 2: 7 cruises
Queen Victoria: 2 cruises

ms Amsterdam: 1 cruise
Caribbean Princess: 1 cruise
Carnival Pride: 1 cruise