QV Titan airways flight today

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Unregistered, just back from your Cunard cruise? Get published on Cruise Critic; Write a Review!
Cunard Line

Read hundreds of Cunard Cruise Reviews from cruisers like you.

See posts about:
Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:52 AM.
manchester England
272 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Looks like a good start to our first Cunard cruise! Looked on Manchester airports departures info at 4am to see if our 8.30am was going on time it said CANCELLED!!!
Went to the airport time changed to 13.40pm .Technical problems we are told and they have borrowed a bigger plane and we have open seating. Not too optimistic about going even then. Looks like the ship will be waiting for us and will probably be nearer midnight when we get there.

Sent from my SM-J320FN using Forums mobile app
Chester, UK
1,393 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
When I said "Expect a shambles and you will not be disappointed" on the previous thread, even I did not expect that level of incompetence !

It already says 13.50. 3:50 flight time, so arriving just before 8PM Greek time. Maybe not midnight, but certainly at least 10PM.
Nottingham,United kingdom
979 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Feeling sorry for the people disembarking that we have just left. Horrible having to hang around without your stuff for a whole day.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Seabourn Legend 29/06/03 ItalianYacht Havens
Seabourn Legend 25/06/04 Yachtsmans Riviera
Regent Navigator 20/09/08 Mediteranean
HAL Eurodam 30/01/10 Caribbean
Ponant Le Boreal 13/05/10 Monte Carlo GP
Seabourn Odyssey 08/08/11 Greece
Silversea Silver Whisper 11/10/11 New England
Seabourn Spirit 02/09/12 Adriatic
Crystal Serenity 09/05/13 Italian idylls
Seabourn Odyssey 12/07/14 Greek Isles & Croatia
Seabourn Odyssey 04/07/15 Turkey & Greek Isles
Azamara Journey 19/08/16 France,Italy,Malta,Greece
Seabourn Odyssey 15/10/16 Greek Isles
Queen Victoria 26/08/17 Greek Isles
Vale of Glamorgan
3,384 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
What a terrible start, I hope things get better once you eventually get to the ship.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Lancashire
295 Posts
Joined Oct 2009
On QV now and a further 2 hour delay - not leaving ship until 6.30 for flight I think about 10.30 getting to Manchester 12.30am!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

=http://www.cruisecritic.co.uk][/url]g
Chester, UK
1,393 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by Tangoqueen
On QV now and a further 2 hour delay - not leaving ship until 6.30 for flight I think about 10.30 getting to Manchester 12.30am!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
The 13:40 from Manchester is now showing at 15:40.
manchester England
272 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by ToadOfToadHall
The 13:40 from Manchester is now showing at 15:40.
Yes and I dont hold a lot of hope that that will be right either. Beginning to wish I hadnt bothered trying Cunard!

Chester, UK
1,393 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by sammybonny
Yes and I dont hold a lot of hope that that will be right either. Beginning to wish I hadnt bothered trying Cunard!
We're found the worse part of the cruise is the flying side of things. Our first one was fly there and back and it was not very good at all. So then we just did Southampton/Southampton ones which was much better. The last one was leave Southampton and fly back, and it just confirmed just how poor the flying part is.

Are you at the airport or still at home (I see your location is Manchester) ?
manchester England
272 Posts
Joined Aug 2012
Originally posted by ToadOfToadHall
We're found the worse part of the cruise is the flying side of things. Our first one was fly there and back and it was not very good at all. So then we just did Southampton/Southampton ones which was much better. The last one was leave Southampton and fly back, and it just confirmed just how poor the flying part is.

Are you at the airport or still at home (I see your location is Manchester) ?
Aiport unfortunately!

171 Posts
Joined Oct 2015
sammybonny, I would buy some food/snacks/drinks at the airport, past security. Our Titan flight on 19/8 back from Trieste, took off around 15;30 and there were THREE sandwiches left to buy! Breakfast at 8am was a long time ago!
Chester, UK
1,393 Posts
Joined Apr 2011
Originally posted by Csardas
sammybonny, I would buy some food/snacks/drinks at the airport, past security. Our Titan flight on 19/8 back from Trieste, took off around 15;30 and there were THREE sandwiches left to buy! Breakfast at 8am was a long time ago!
We had the same thing coming back for Venice. Finally on the, lets eat then. Ar, no food. Thanks for that BA, cracking service.
9 Posts
Joined Jan 2009
On the QV, all aboard and sail away time is published as 10:30pm Greek time. I feel for you, we have just got here from Heathrow leaving early this morning.
Iowa
1,231 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
I just noticed the status of flight ZT765 (Titan Airways MAN-ATH) has changed to "Go to gate A" on the Manchester airport web site. Perhaps things are looking up for that flight actually departing by 15:40.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017)
North West England
72 Posts
Joined Oct 2011
Originally posted by bluemarble
I just noticed the status of flight ZT765 (Titan Airways MAN-ATH) has changed to "Go to gate A" on the Manchester airport web site. Perhaps things are looking up for that flight actually departing by 15:40.
And the flight is now boarding.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
North West Newbie

QM2 - Apr 2017 (M714)
QV - Oct 2016 (V617)
QM2 - Nov 2015 (M527N)
QM2 - July 2015 (M511E)
QM2 - Feb 2015 (M503)
QM2 - Oct 2014 (M425A)
QM2 - July 2014 (M411C)
QE - June 2014 (Q408)
QE - Nov 2013 (Q328)
QM2 - Oct 2013 (M326A)
QE - Nov 2012 (Q224)
QM2 - June 2012 (M210)
QM2 - Oct 2011 (M129)
Manchester
18 Posts
Joined Mar 2013
Sorry to hear this has happened again. I complained about the issues we had with disembarkation and Titan. Cunard were not too bothered and placed all the blame on Titan.

Make sure you get some food from port/ship/airport before getting on the plane.

Also at Athens, if you are waiting at check-in and travelling with children - The McDonald's is only accessible before passport control. Food options are relatively poor after passport control.
Virginia
21,658 Posts
Joined Aug 2011
I know that many cruises offered in the UK come with the flights as part of the package. Is it possible to remove the flights, pay a lesser amount, and book your own flights? All I know about Titan is what I have read on here and they don't seem to be highly reliable.

I hope by now sammybonny has left Manchester and landed in Athens. May the cruise make up for the bad beginning.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

My Cruise Blogs
World Voyage Blog - http://kathisworldvoyage.blogspot.com/
A Winter Crossing - http://cunard2015.blogspot.com
The Sail-Away Gang's Cruise - http://westerdam2015.blogspot.com/
Fall Foliage Cruise -http://fallfoliagecruise2015.blogspot.com/
South Pacific/North to Alaska - http://halcruises2016.blogspot.com/

Evangeline - Nassau - 1960
Johan Van Oldenbarnevelt - EB TA - 1962
Queen Mary - WB TA - 1962
Raffaello - Caribbean - 1968
MV Three Gorges - Yangtze River - 1988
Atlas - Nile River - 1995
Olympic - Aegean Sea - 1996
Constellation - Baltic Sea - 2005
Disney Fantasy - Caribbean - 2012
Queen Elizabeth - World Voyage 2014
Queen Elizabeth - Southampton to Fort Lauderdale - 2015

Westerdam - FLL to Seattle with the "Sail-away Gang" - 2015
Liberty of the Seas - Canada/New England - 2015
Westerdam - Hawaii, Tahiti, and the Marquesas with the "Pearls of the Pacific" - 2016
Nieuw Amsterdam - Alaska - 2016
Vale of Glamorgan
3,384 Posts
Joined Aug 2007
It looks as if they have about another hour of flying time.
I'm sure I have seen cruise only prices but the few I have just checked just show prices with flight & transfer included.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Email - [email protected]

Please include your Cruise Critic user name and be patient, I do not have full time access to this mailbox and I am in a different time zone to many of you !
Iowa
1,231 Posts
Joined Mar 2010
Originally posted by Scrapnana
I know that many cruises offered in the UK come with the flights as part of the package. Is it possible to remove the flights, pay a lesser amount, and book your own flights? All I know about Titan is what I have read on here and they don't seem to be highly reliable.

I hope by now sammybonny has left Manchester and landed in Athens. May the cruise make up for the bad beginning.
Those from the UK can probably answer better than I about flights, but when I start booking a Mediterranean voyage on Cunard's UK web site and select "Arrange your own flight" instead of "Choose your airport", it states "You have chosen to arrange your own flights and transfers for your party. This does not affect the total price. Select 'Continue without Flights' to confirm your choice." I note there is a £50.00 supplement per person that applies to flights from Manchester rather than London when I "Choose your airport" instead.

The OP's flight departed at 16:02 according to the Manchester airport web site so is still in route to Athens as Host Hattie has mentioned.

Correction: Another booking I just tried to the Mediterranean states "The total holiday price for your party will be reduced by £600.00 if you arrange your own flights and transfers. Select 'Continue without Flights' to confirm your choice." So I guess it depends on the voyage or whether you choose the "Cunard" fare or the "Saver" fare.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
"There’s nothing―absolutely nothing―half so much worth doing as messing about in boats." ― Kenneth Grahame, The Wind In The Willows

CroisiEurope Douce France, Rhine River (2004) ... Queen Mary 2, Transatlantic (2005, 2010, 2014, 2015, 2016) ... Queen Elizabeth 2, Norwegian Wonders (2008) ... Island Princess, Panama Canal (2008) ... Queen Victoria, Gallic Getaway (2009) ... Norwegian Epic, Eastern Caribbean (2010) ... Brilliance of the Seas, Suez Canal (2011) ... Queen Elizabeth, Eastern Mediterranean (2012) ... Maasdam, Canada and New England (2013) ... Queen Mary 2, Caribbean Fiesta (2013) ... Serenade of the Seas, Baltic (2017)
Lancashire, England
450 Posts
Joined Jul 2006
We recently did a fly cruise from Manchester to Rotterdam as staterooms were fully booked from Southampton until some on the previous cruise disembarked in Rotterdam. The flights with KLM were fine and we we enjoyed our cruise until we we disembarked in Rotterdam only to find that Cunard thought that sitting on seats outside the terminal for two hours whilst waiting for our included transfer was acceptable. However as we enjoyed the onboard experience we have booked a Southampton cruise for next year. We are limited to European cruises as I cannot get travel insurance for travel outside Europe. My DH is now adamant we won't fly again.

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Nottingham,United kingdom
979 Posts
Joined Sep 2008
Scrapnana, yes it certainly is from the uk. I always do this and fly in 1or2 days before. I like to pick my flight times and airline preferably scheduled. This time around we were given a £400 ppn allowance for flights. It does sometimes work out more expensive, but much more reliable and you can have a couple of days before your cruise to relax.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Seabourn Legend 29/06/03 ItalianYacht Havens
Seabourn Legend 25/06/04 Yachtsmans Riviera
Regent Navigator 20/09/08 Mediteranean
HAL Eurodam 30/01/10 Caribbean
Ponant Le Boreal 13/05/10 Monte Carlo GP
Seabourn Odyssey 08/08/11 Greece
Silversea Silver Whisper 11/10/11 New England
Seabourn Spirit 02/09/12 Adriatic
Crystal Serenity 09/05/13 Italian idylls
Seabourn Odyssey 12/07/14 Greek Isles & Croatia