Elite status

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 07:56 AM.
Up North
984 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Does Princess have shorter lines at pier when checking in if you are in Elite or Platinum status?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
4 Star Mariner on HAL
Elite on Princess and Cunard
lost my standing on Costa due to not cruising lately.
Atlanta
787 Posts
Joined Jan 2012
Separate line yes, but not always shorter

Sent from my iPhone using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Seven Seas Navigator 2001
Serenade of the Seas 2004
Carnival Glory 2005
Grand Princess 2012
Royal Princess 2013
Caribbean Princess 2014
Celebrity Millennium 2015
Regal Princess 2016
Coral Princess 2016

12,755 Posts
Joined Apr 2001
Yes but it's not always shorter. Usually it is, but if it isn't, just hop in another line.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Princess Elite, RCI Diamond, Celebrity Elite, Cunard Platinum, Azamara Discoverer - cruise #41 coming up!
Upcoming Cruises:
2017: 3 down, 1 to go: Regal Princess
2018: Crown Princess, Emerald Princess & Azamara Quest

2019: Ruby Princess, Royal Princess & Azamara Journey
Chico, California
9,238 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
It depends on how many Platinum and Elite there are on the cruise. For an Alaska cruise the line will likely be much shorter. For a looooooooooong cruise there will likely be a lot more Elite cruisers.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

Up North
984 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
I guess i will just wait and see. Any suggestions on where to hang out between airport and pier?

Sent from my iPad using Forums
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
4 Star Mariner on HAL
Brooksville FL
3,545 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Originally posted by Lucy Jane
I guess i will just wait and see. Any suggestions on where to hang out between airport and pier?

What airport ?
What pier ?

Up North
984 Posts
Joined Mar 2007
Sorry - Fort Lauderdale - Princess ship - plane arrives at one and can't board until 3 or 4

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
4 Star Mariner on HAL
pa
6,871 Posts
Joined Dec 2007
Sorry - Fort Lauderdale - Princess ship - plane arrives at one and can't board until 3 or 4
You can board as soon as boarding begins. Check in usually begins around 10:30am. After check in you will be shown upstairs to a waiting area. Boarding usually begins around 11:30/Noon. The first to board are the BVE's, then Full Suites, Elites, Platinum and all others. Whatever it says on your Princess documentation is just a suggestion. If your plane lands around 9:30am or later go directly to the pier.
San Francisco
3,711 Posts
Joined Jan 2008

Curious as to what time your cruise departs? Your boarding pass may show boarding times but those times are only suggestions. From my experience boarding starts around 12 noon. First to board are wedding parties, in-transit people, (people doing a B2B cruise) & people doing a BVE if it's offored.

Tom😎
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

USS Coral Sea, CVA 43, 1966-1967, 58 months
363 Posts
Joined Jun 2005
Originally posted by sknight
You can board as soon as boarding begins. Check in usually begins around 10:30am. After check in you will be shown upstairs to a waiting area. Boarding usually begins around 11:30/Noon.
Whatever it says on your Princess documentation is just a suggestion. If your plane lands around 9:30am or later go directly to the pier.
Almost always correct, but it look likes the OP is on the Caribbean Princess right after its transatlantic sailing. A ship arriving in the US for the first time in months usually has additional inspections and delayed boarding.
Oregon
1,502 Posts
Joined May 2012
Originally posted by idahospud
Almost always correct, but it look likes the OP is on the Caribbean Princess right after its transatlantic sailing. A ship arriving in the US for the first time in months usually has additional inspections and delayed boarding.
Good point, but I think with the OP's plane due to arrive at 1 p.m., heading to Port Everglades right away makes sense. My experience there (only two boardings) is that it's possible to get stuck way in the back of a huge, long line without being aware that there is a Platinum/Elite line up there. This is the only port where we've seen these lines with 500 or more people in them.

The first time we had preferred boarding there, I just happened to walk way up there to check it out and found we could walk right in if we had "preferred" boarding. No one among the contracted (not Princess) boarding agents made any attempt to tell Platinum and Elite passengers that there was another line for them. We had to go investigate.

Jim
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Also upcoming: 10-night Mexican Riviera, Grand Princess, Jan. 12, 2018; 14-night Transatlantic to Barcelona, Crown Princess, April 3, 2018; 11-night Baltic cruise, Regal Princess, Aug. 9, 2018; 7-night Northern California Coast, Ruby Princess, Sept. 22, 2018
2000: Sovereign of the Seas, Bahamas * 2004: Carnival Pride, Mexican Riviera * 2007: Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera * 2010: Carnival Paradise, Baja * 2012: Norwegian Jewel, Alaska; Carnival Splendor, Mexican Riviera * 2014: Celebrity Constellation, Cozumel and Key West; Carnival Valor, Eastern Caribbean; Golden Princess, San Diego and Ensenada, B2B * 2015: Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean; Crown Princess, Alaska; Grand Princess, California coast; Island Princess, Panama Canal * 2016: Crown Princess, Mexican Riviera; Regal Princess, Copenhagen to NY, TA. * 2017: Royal Princess, Caribbean.

SoCal
9,931 Posts
Joined Apr 2009
Piggy-backing on this thread:

Can we use the Elite check in, if only one of us (in the room) is Elite?

And, pretty sure I know this answer, but I'll ask anyway, 2 rooms, one with an Elite passenger, one not. Can both rooms check in together in the Elite line?
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
DCLHAL CarnivalPrincess Vantage
19 Cruises, 11 ships, 194 nights

Central Texas
5,621 Posts
Joined Dec 2004
Just go straight to the port. We've never had any problems with doing that. Make sure you follow the suggestion below:

Originally posted by jasbo49
Good point, but I think with the OP's plane due to arrive at 1 p.m., heading to Port Everglades right away makes sense. My experience there (only two boardings) is that it's possible to get stuck way in the back of a huge, long line without being aware that there is a Platinum/Elite line up there. This is the only port where we've seen these lines with 500 or more people in them.

The first time we had preferred boarding there, I just happened to walk way up there to check it out and found we could walk right in if we had "preferred" boarding. No one among the contracted (not Princess) boarding agents made any attempt to tell Platinum and Elite passengers that there was another line for them. We had to go investigate.Jim
We always have a boarding pass with our Preferred boarding visible (green ink if color printed) - then we ask the first Princess rep we see where the line is for preferred. Invariably they will direct us to a shorter line.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Next - Princess will send enticements
29 Cruises:..Caribbean (18x), Panama (3x), Mediterranean (2x), So. America, Transatlantic (2x), Europe, Alaska, Tahiti-Hawaii
Ships:...Grand Princess (6x), Caribbean Princess (6x), Emerald Princess (5x), Sun Princess (3x), Crown Princess (2x), Island Princess, Liberty of the Seas, Pacific Princess II, Royal Princess, Ryndam (HAL), Sea Princess, Star Princess
Oregon
1,502 Posts
Joined May 2012
Originally posted by Shmoo here

And, pretty sure I know this answer, but I'll ask anyway, 2 rooms, one with an Elite passenger, one not. Can both rooms check in together in the Elite line?
Question 1: Yes. And remember it's not Elite check-in. It's for Platinums and Elites.

Question 2: I'm not sure (so I probably shouldn't answer) but I think you can all check in together, but only Elites can board with Elites.

Jim
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Also upcoming: 10-night Mexican Riviera, Grand Princess, Jan. 12, 2018; 14-night Transatlantic to Barcelona, Crown Princess, April 3, 2018; 11-night Baltic cruise, Regal Princess, Aug. 9, 2018; 7-night Northern California Coast, Ruby Princess, Sept. 22, 2018
2000: Sovereign of the Seas, Bahamas * 2004: Carnival Pride, Mexican Riviera * 2007: Diamond Princess, Mexican Riviera * 2010: Carnival Paradise, Baja * 2012: Norwegian Jewel, Alaska; Carnival Splendor, Mexican Riviera * 2014: Celebrity Constellation, Cozumel and Key West; Carnival Valor, Eastern Caribbean; Golden Princess, San Diego and Ensenada, B2B * 2015: Norwegian Dawn, Western Caribbean; Crown Princess, Alaska; Grand Princess, California coast; Island Princess, Panama Canal * 2016: Crown Princess, Mexican Riviera; Regal Princess, Copenhagen to NY, TA. * 2017: Royal Princess, Caribbean.

5,463 Posts
Joined Dec 2005
Originally posted by jasbo49
The first time we had preferred boarding there, I just happened to walk way up there to check it out and found we could walk right in if we had "preferred" boarding. No one among the contracted (not Princess) boarding agents made any attempt to tell Platinum and Elite passengers that there was another line for them. We had to go investigate.
It is worse when you arrive, and find there are 1200 people in the elite line ahead of you.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Send from device_name using Cruise Critic your_app_name App
NYC
460 Posts
Joined Apr 2012
Elites can board with cabin mates.. even if they are on their first cruise .. If No traffic .. From airport to ship you can be at the port FAST .. in FLL .. 15 minute cab ride .. SO FAST AND EASY

Expand Signature
Collapse Signature

Chico, California
9,238 Posts
Joined Sep 2012
Originally posted by Shmoo here

If you were both in the same cabin then yes. In separate cabins then no. Of course you are free to board with your friend at their boarding time.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Thrak

Not Elite but having fun working on it...

South Carolina
28,272 Posts
Joined Dec 2001
Originally posted by letscruiseagain&again
Go straight to the port. You'll be able to board.
Ditto .... You'll be able to board!
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Happy Sailing! OCruisers (LuLu & Roundman)
80+ Cruises .... Princess, Celebrity, RCCL, HAL, Carnival, NCL, Costa, etc. (Still miss Sitmar)
Batehaven, Australia
9,363 Posts
Joined Mar 2006
Originally posted by pablo222
It is worse when you arrive, and find there are 1200 people in the elite line ahead of you.
Like on Island Princess last year - Panama Canal - LA to LA.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Cheers..(Uncle) LES

Cruised with Princess, Celebrity, Cunard, P&O Australia, P&O UK, Carnival, Sitmar, Sydney Harbour Ferries. World Cruise, plus British Isles, Europe, Med, Greek Isles, Transatlantic, Asia, USA, Panama Canal, South America, Central America, Caribbean, Alaska, Canada, Japan, South Pacific, Australia, New Zealand.!

**Last cruise: Queen Mary 2 - Sydney - HK, 16 nights, 2 - 18 March 2017.

**Future Cruises**:

Sapphire Princess - 26 May 2018, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 7 nights.

Adonia: - 3 June 2018, France, Spain & Portugal, ex Southampton - 16 nights
B2B with..
Adonia: - 19 June 2018, Ireland, North Cape, Scandinavia, ex Southampton - 18 nights.

'Adventure before Dementia - Live for Today !!'