What are TIAC and TIAS?

Hi,

I am trying to book a cruise on a Brilliance of the Seas from Amsterdam to Copenhagen on the 23rd July 2012.

I´d like to ask experienced people here, do you have any idea what are TIAS (7 dollars for a person and cruise, together for two it is 14 dollars) and TIAC (35 dollars for one, 70 dollars for two)? I have these two things as optional (like a gratuity). Since they are excluded from the "Taxes/Fees" part of the bill, I´d like to know, what those words (TIAC and TIAS) mean and if I have to pay them. Obviously, I can make a payment without them, but if I will do so, will I be charged those 84 dollars later?

Thanks for any help!

TIAC: Tourism Industry Standards Association of Canada.

Do you mean

TIANS: Tourism Industry Association of Nova Scotia.?

Are you from Canada??

I am from the Czech Republic, cruising from Netherlands to Denmark with ports of call in Belgium, France and Norway.

It doesn´t make any sense to me, why should I pay something to Canada :mad::eek:

I have no idea. But you didn't give much information. So I gave you what I found. Why don't you just give a call and ask what they are.

I am going to, tomorrow when they will open the office. But my hold for a reservation will expire soon after, so I am afraid that somebody can book remaining interior staterooms, so I am trying to get informations wherever possible :

UPDATE:

Hm, interesting. When I am trying to make a reservation via Priceline or Skymilecruises (they are both using the same system) or cruisedirect.com it does not offer me to pay for TIAC and TIAS and price is without that 84 dollars (although there are other 25 dollars as a procesing fee and I can´t prepay gratuities - Priceline and Skymiles, no fee and prepay gratuity option at cruisedirect).

Did anyone here ever booked cruise with priceline and does remember if they charged him/her anything else except gratuities and what he spend on board?

Archived