Water slide rules?

jaxcruiser23

My wife and I recently went to wild adventures theme park with my 5 year old son they have a water park in there so my 5 yr old talked me into taking him on it we wait in line for like 30 minutes to go down this slide only for them to tell me he was to short. Now we are going on the glory Oct.10th and he found out there is a water slide on the ship and he is stoked I hope I didnt get his hopes up will he be able to play on the slide are there height restrictions etc.... any info on this would be greatly appreciated thank you.

He should be fine. Here are the height restrictions:

"Use of the waterslide:

Holiday; Sensation; Elation; Paradise; Fascination; Ecstasy: Guest must be 48" inches in height. The slide ends in the pool.

Carnival... Fantasy; Imagination; Inspiration; Destiny; Triumph; Victory; Spirit; Pride; Conquest; Legend; Glory; Miracle; Valor; Liberty; Splendor: Guest must be 42" inches in height. The slide is separate from the pool.

Guests under 13 must have their parents' permission.

Multiple riders are not permitted.

No floatation devices may be worn or carried on the slide.

The slide is not recommended if there is any physical limitations, impairments, under the influence of alcohol or under a doctor’s care.

Guest must use the slide on his/her back, feet first."

http://www.carnival.com/CMS/FAQs/Age_Restrictions_on_Board.aspx

When I was on the Glory, they told me I wasn't allowed to wear my goggles on the slide, it wasn't a mask, but competition goggles! I wear goggles because I have contacts, and would like to see where I am going without losing my contacts!

This past January both my boys (4 and 7) and myself :-) used the slide on the Glory. I don't recall that there were height restrictions, but that could be because both my boys were fine. I do recall the slide keeps different hours though. In other words it's not open 24/7.

On Triumph there was a little sign "you must be this tall" to go down the waterslide and the attendants did occasionally check if they thought someone appeared shorter than the required height.

I LOVE the waterslide and will be one of the adults on it!

I didn't see anything mentioned about this, but at our local theme park, they won't let you on the slides if your bathing suit has zippers or rivets on the back side, as they will scrape them up.

If this same rule applies on the ships, it would probably be a good idea to bring "safe" suits along so you don't have to potentially buy them on board. It's all about saving! :)

Ave

Archived