Barbados Hotels/SD Cruise Bridgetown

cabosal

We are going on a cruise out of Barbados in March 20th. I've tried to search for advance stay on Barbados.

I'd like to know where SD leaves out of Barbados and/or some hotel close by or somwhere in between and close to Airport.

Is anyone else trying to find same info.?

Don't think this should be hard to do. Wish SD would have list or suggestions close to there port.

Hope SD I is repaired and sailing in good shape by March

Waiting to hear from fellow SD I cruisers, this will be our 6th cruise on SD

We'll be joining you! 30th. anniversary for Rick and I. You can recognize us, we're the short couple and he'll be limping (had foot surgery in November, will not having been walking very long). I believe we are relatively close to both the airport and the port at the Courtyard by Marriott, staying just the night before the cruise. We are also hoping the engine will be fixed, we like to be off the boat most of each day.

We sailed with SD out of Barbados several years ago. The airport is at the far southern tip of the island and the port is in the southwest corner not far away in Bridgetown. We stayed a few nights up the coast on the western side before the cruise but got a day room at the Hilton near the port on the ocean between the port and airport. It seemed very nice and I think other SD cruisers have stayed there.

We stayed at the Hilton before our sailing in November. It is about 20 minutes from the airport and maybe 10 minutes from the port. Nice hotel and great staff. We will probably stay there again when we do a round-trip next winter.