huevos rancheros ????

jaxkai

lol, im talking to my daughter about our upcoming cruise and i say, im so excited to get my huevos rancheros and she says, one time i ordered that and the server handed it to her without an egg then asked her if she wanted an egg on that. she says isnt this the heuvos rancheros line.

we are up late and laughing so hard, not at the server but that if you dont want an egg would it be called just rancheros or a tostado with sauce?

any one else been asked if they want an egg on theirs?

im still laffing at the thought of someone not wanting an egg on it, although i guess some people dont do eggs and it would taste good without but i tihnk it should have a different name if there is no "heuvos" involved.

my daughter is laffing on the phone that the first person to respond was from canada and even there knew it came with an egg.

atleast this should be a flameless thread and give everyone a good laugh:) thanks for all the responses so far.

I guess I'm wondering what line you stood in for heuvos rancheros?

I thought they were only offered on the brunch menu in the MDR. :confused:

Blue Iguana cafe on ships with the 2.0 upgrades, I'm guessing.

They were my favorite breakfast, and yes, you had to ask for the egg. LOL

The first time I got them on the breeze no one was making eggs and I was confused about why they were called huevos rancheros if there was no egg lol

Later in the week they has someone putting eggs on them but I actually prefer them without. Can't wait to have them again and the arepas.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

Huevos Rancheros is a mexican breakfast dish, usually fried eggs on a tortilla or tostada (fried tortilla), topped or served with salsa, rice and/or refried beans.

I don't know if it's served elsewhere on the ship (Blue Iguana would make sense) but I saw a brunch MDR menu somewhere (probably on zydeco cruiser's site) where they served Huevos Rancheros but it's just a fried egg on a chicken quesadilla, which I thought seemed weird at first, but actually could be kind of tasty.

Huevos Rancheros is a mexican breakfast dish, usually fried eggs on a tortilla or tostada (fried tortilla), topped or served with salsa, rice and/or refried beans.

I don't know if it's served elsewhere on the ship (Blue Iguana would make sense) but I saw a brunch MDR menu somewhere (probably on zydeco cruiser's site) where they served Huevos Rancheros but it's just a fried egg on a chicken quesadilla, which I thought seemed weird at first, but actually could be kind of tasty.

Very, very tasty actually. I am looking forward to it again (though I have quite a while until my Carnival Pride cruise).

she is on the road. bringing my grandbabies for easter so i had to track her down, she was at the blue iguana. im sure they are great with or without the eggs, its just the name i find funny we need to invent a new name :) im so not slamming people who dont get the egg cuz i get that totally.

i grew up in new mexico and california and we ate the same thing without eggs lol and called them tostados or flat enchiladas

im so glad to hear the odd one in the brunch is good cuz i wanted to try it but had never heard of doing it on a quesadilla but i might try it at home and see how it goes.

We got asked all the time on Liberty. I did not know you could get it without egg either. So, one time I said no to the egg and LOVED it! That is the way I got it the rest of the week.

Huevos rancheros minus huevos = one delicious snack on Carnival...

d82f8ecd.jpg

We got asked all the time on Liberty. I did not know you could get it without egg either. So, one time I said no to the egg and LOVED it! That is the way I got it the rest of the week.

Huevos rancheros minus huevos = one delicious snack on Carnival...

d82f8ecd.jpg

Wow! Thanks for the pic, I had not seen it before. That actually looks nothing like any Huevos Rancheros I've ever seen, with our without egg. Either way, looks delicious!

omg the days will not fo any faster and those pics made me really hungry for them.

yep nothing like any ive ever made or odered or seen in many years. but that might be why they are good without an egg.

problem easily solved i will have them with eggs one time and without eggs one time. and at the brunch maybe i cann get daughter to order one with or without and i will do the other.... cruising is soooooo full of fun options.

btw i loved the divoracodos name for the meal

lol, im talking to my daughter about our upcoming cruise and i say, im so excited to get my huevos rancheros and she says, one time i ordered that and the server handed it to her without an egg then asked her if she wanted an egg on that. she says isnt this the heuvos rancheros line.

we are up late and laughing so hard, not at the server but that if you dont want an egg would it be called just rancheros or a tostado with sauce?

any one else been asked if they want an egg on theirs?

That is so totally weird! How can it be huevos without the egg? :confused:

LuLu

• 5 years later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I've just returned from the Carnival Legend where I tried huevos rancheros for the first time - it's pretty well unheard of in the UK! I had them in the MDR at sea-day brunch and I've been trying to find a recipe that replicates what I had. As it contained chicken I don't think it was a standard huevos rancheros recipe, for which I've found many; does anybody have a list of the ingredients?

52 minutes ago, vwgolf said:

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread but I've just returned from the Carnival Legend where I tried huevos rancheros for the first time - it's pretty well unheard of in the UK! I had them in the MDR at sea-day brunch and I've been trying to find a recipe that replicates what I had. As it contained chicken I don't think it was a standard huevos rancheros recipe, for which I've found many; does anybody have a list of the ingredients?

Here's a step by step how to do New Mexico style. But good luck finding good chile. Always Amazon!

https://www.newmexicanfoodie.com/new-mexican-huevos-rancheros/

Less traditional and not as good directions, but these look better:

http://www.madeinnewmexico.com/blog/lets-huevos-rancheros-breakfast/