First Cruise and I am so lost

staticgirl50

We are going last week of October on NCL from Boston to Bermuda on the Dawn. I am so used to Disney trips and being prepared but I am struggling finding info pertaining to just our trip or ship. I may be using the search feature incorrectly on here as well, it brings me to reviews? I am looking for food pics, menus, pictures of rooms and the boat. Excursion info, weather info lol EVERYTHING :) Any suggestions? Or can you help me to the correct path?

Here's a link to Dawn's excursions in Bermuda.

We did the Rising Son II Catamaran Swim and Snorkel. It was a lot of fun. The crew was great. Free Rum Swizzles on the way back. We also went to Horseshoe Bay Beach. BEAUTIFUL. you must go!

http://www.ncl.com/cruises/7-day-bermuda-round-trip-boston-DAWN7BOSWRFBOS/ports/kings-wharf-bermuda?&itineraryCode=DAWN7BOSWRFBOS&selectedPort=WRF

Also, go the Ports of Call Board. Click on Bermuda. Tons of info there as well.

~Robin

Every Day at Sea is a Great Day

Travel agencies often have links to room photos

The forums here for the given cruise line will have info available if you ask on the respective board

Google the cruise line and specific questions

A works just can take time for some of the things you are asking

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

A cruise is far more relaxing then Disney but like any new thing, it comes with some anxiety.

It's a ship not a boat. The small craft attached to the ship are lifeboats.

Be prepared to be flexible in October. It's hurricane season & the east coast has been getting pummeled in the past few Octobers so your lovely cruise to Bermuda could become a leaf peeping tour of Canada for your safety. Look into buying trip insurance.

Surf the NCL page. Read the FAQ section & all of the info they send with your e-tickets.

Read the articles on the main page of CC, not just this forum.

I just got back from a cruise on the Celebrity Summit to Bermuda 8 days ago. It is so beautiful! Bermuda is VERY easy to navigate on your own. You do not need to book an excursion through the ship. You can buy transportation passes right in the dockyard when you get off the ship. So easy!

We took a privately booked tour of the whole Island. Our guide took us to some hidden gems that I definitely wouldn't have checked out without her. She stopped anywhere we liked and included admission to Gibb's lighthouse, lunch & ice cream at Bailey's in the price of the tour. She even extended the tour from 5 to 8 hours (with our permission) so she could show us all the places she planned. We came back to Gibb's lighthouse a second time, since the first time it was so packed with tourists she didn't want us to have that crowded tourist experience. She just backed out and said, yep we'll stop here on the way back instead. Super awesome!

We found that going to horseshoe bay was extremely easy on our own. Just hop on the "special" bus that stops very close to the cruise ship. It takes you right to Horseshoe bay with minimal extra stops. It will also drop you off at Gibb's lighthouse. You can very easily get to St George's or Hamilton by ferry using your transportation pass as well. Have a wonderful time in Bermuda!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

As suggested, go to the NCL website for all that info and to the NCL Forum here on CC.

Very unusual to have booked the cruise without looking for the info that your asking about , first ???

Cart before the horse .

Oh yes , it is not a boat . Ships carry boats .

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Edited by MCC retired

It is not booked yet thanks for your concern, MCC retired. . I did check back in and said I found the information I was seeking I was using the incorrect search option is all. As a newbie I apologize ship, not boat. We are still researching and hoping to go these dates. Will be booked once I am feeling more secure with my decision :) Thank you all so much for the helpful advice and suggestions! I greatly appreciate it!

Edited by staticgirl50