Holland American online Airfare checking?

bUU

Is there any way to check online what Holland America would charge for airline flights? Or is this something that can only be done over the telephone?

This message may have been entered via voice recognition. Please excuse any typos.

HAL's air situation is abysmal. When we cruise on other lines, such as Princess, it is a relatively simple matter to check their online air site for the available flights and prices for our cruises. With HAL, one has to spend time on the phone (I prefer seeing the numbers and options in front of me...rather then hearing stuff over the phone). We have never understood why HAL has not developed an air site...or simply contracted with a real travel agency who normally handles air bookings. We book our HAL cruises through cruise agencies...and even our cruise agencies have trouble getting good information on HAL air options.

Hank

HAL's air situation is abysmal. When we cruise on other lines, such as Princess, it is a relatively simple matter to check their online air site for the available flights and prices for our cruises.

It makes you wonder why Carnival Corp doesn't have one single agency - maybe even inhouse if big enough - that can handle everything. No synergy or economies of scale. Can't be that hard to extend this product to other cruise lines?

It sort of remind me of GM in its heyday with competing divisions each having their own unique product.

If you call them it is a lot easier.

Not for me :). I can check many different options by having an online booking engine. It might take me 10 minutes to check all the flight options at half a dozen airports. I will also have skytrax and seatguru at my disposal so I can look at the quality of seats (i.e. lay flat, etc), type of aircraft, % on time, etc. Trying to do this on the phone would take hours. If I am flying coach on a shorter flight none of this matters. But when booking expensive International Business or First Class...the details are quite important.

These days, using an electronic device to book air is the norm...because it does allow a person to explore many options. Making a phone call to book air is 20th century and not efficient. And you cannot normally "print out" a phone call :).

Hank

Three reasons why we really like RCI or Celebrity air.

We can go online and get many different price, routing, and airline choices. Having the data on the screen in front of us so we can compare/contrast and price is far superior to having someone on the end of a phone try to tell us.

Second HUGE benefit...we do not have to have a cruise booking. We can look at the flight options to determine if the flight pricing and cruise pricing meet our target number. We selected RCI on our last Med cruise specifically because of the combination of excellent one way TA fares and late booking offers.

Thirdly....we are not limited to booking air that is confined to our place of residence or our port of embarkation/debarkation. On one Celebrity cruise we were able to book air from MIA to Costa Rica with a flight date three weeks after we had disembarked a TA cruise in FLL and live in Canada.

We would really appreciate it if the other cruise lines followed suit. This is not a big deal....more like an IT interface to a third party site. And if Celebrity IT folks can figure out how do this, then anyone can. It just makes sense. Certainly reduces the cruise line CSR work and time to book.

Edited by iancal