Soda and water in Southampton?

How are you travelling to Southampton?

Same-day or overniting in Southampton?

From a London airport or central London?

By National Express coach (bus), or train, or ship's transfer coach, or by private transfer, or by some other means?

It makes a difference.;)

JB :)

You sail out of 106 berth, Mayflower terminal.

There's no shops nearby, so you'll have to either buy at M&S in the arrivals halls if you arrive at Terminal 3 or Terminal 5 (not at other H'row terminals), or ask your driver stop off en-route.

If the driver knows places (if he's Southampton-based he will, if he's Heathrow-based mebbe not) then best to leave him to choose where.

But I can suggest

- most convenient is Tesco at Winnall, Winchester, it's a large grocery store. 100 yards off your route. Leave the M3 motorway at Junction 9, signed Winchester A272. At the end of the exit ramp, 3rd exit off the roundabout, signed Winnall Trading Estate. In 100 yards first exit at the next roundabout, signed food store / fuel. Return to the motorway same way.

Or Asda, opposite Marlands shopping centre in Portland Terrace, Southampton. Another large grocery store. Driver might prefer to drop you at the rear entrance opposite the National Express coach station in Harbour Parade - you use the elevator in the multi-story parking garage to get to the store.

Both also stock wines, both accept GBP or plastic.

Don't buy at the service areas on the motorway (freeway), prices are very heavy.

Princess also offers bottled water at twelve 16 oz. bottles for $6.90. It's not super-cheap like my local Costco, but it's also not a total rip-off. It's conveniently delivered right to your cabin. I just ordered it myself for our own Caribbean Princess sailing.

There's no shops nearby, so you'll have to either buy at M&S in the arrivals halls if you arrive at Terminal 3 or Terminal 5 (not at other H'row terminals)

Just for future reference (I think your other options are much better for this question) there is an M&S in T2 arrivals as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

There is a Boots store in West Quay Retail Park which is across from the port where you can get water and soda. Otherwise it is the ASDA supermarket across from the Marlands Shopping Centre.

Couldn't believe that Boots the Chemist sell bottled water & soft drinks :confused:

So I phoned them.

Yes, at that store they do.

But that's from the chiller, alongside sandwiches & such, at "convenience". prices, much the same as motorway service areas.

OK for snacking while shopping, not for stocking up a case or two.

Boots' largest bottle of water, 1 litre, costs £1.15 :eek:

Tesco is from £2.10 for 12 x 2 ltrs.

Asda is from £1.25 for 4 x 2 ltr.

Both offer a wide selection of brands & sizes of "pure" water and "spring" water.

Similar story with soft drinks.

Boots is not the place to stock-up.;)

Or Asda, opposite Marlands shopping centre in Portland Terrace, Southampton. Another large grocery store. Driver might prefer to drop you at the rear entrance opposite the National Express coach station in Harbour Parade - you use the elevator in the multi-story parking garage to get to the store.

Would recommend. We bought some to go lunch (sandwiches) and drinks after cabbing out of port to the National Express coach station after our Hamburg-Southampton Norwegian Escape cruise before continuing on National Express towards London.

As we were transferring between methods of transport the small instore to go shop was perfectly convient with our carry on sized luggage, can't remember if it was higher priced than the regular shelves, probably was! :)

Not familiar with the second option of JB but OP might prefer to be closer to port when trying to stock up? We had a good experience at ASDA to share! :)

• 3 weeks later...