Pereira Tours

Misty_Que

I just booked with Pereira tours. She has great review on TA but have since read some bad reviews on here about their company. Can anyone who has booked with them offer some feedback? We booked the Panoramic & Beach Tour on the open safari vehicle.

She has just been so quick and great to work with via email. I am hoping she has learned from past mistakes. But also don't want to take the chance of having a bad day as I am bringing a group of 6 with me :confused:.

Edited by Misty_Que

I'd be curious to see some links to those reviews. We've booked her for January and I found nothing but excellent reviews on service and guides on both CC and TA and other sites.

I was reading a review from Mitsugirly on here from her Carnival Breeze cruise. It was quite a detailed and interesting review. I'll see if I can find it again. But the short of it is that she was part of a group of 108 people. I guess the tour was very disorganized, their driver kept driving slow in first gear, and the driver don't stop for photos at Timothy Hill. A few others from that tour and another piped in saying they also had a bad experience with Pereira. I know all the reviews are not to be positive and I am sure it is hard to arrange a tour for 108 people.

I think I may just email Liz to ask about these concerns myself just to ease my mind and hopefully they won't happen to us.:(

I read that too. I was surprised Kim went on such a large tour, as she usually avoids those types of activities. But I was under the impression it was a ship excursion, probably because of the size. I didn't realize it was organized by Liz.

She's very responsive in emails. Requires at least 4 people but she'll work to combine inquiries from same ship or other ships in port. My impression was she likes to keep tours small. But then that was what i was looking for.

Be interested in hearing what she says to you, if different.

Thanks,

I read that too. I was surprised Kim went on such a large tour, as she usually avoids those types of activities. But I was under the impression it was a ship excursion, probably because of the size. I didn't realize it was organized by Liz.

She's very responsive in emails. Requires at least 4 people but she'll work to combine inquiries from same ship or other ships in port. My impression was she likes to keep tours small. But then that was what i was looking for.

Thanks,

Yes, I found her great to deal with via email and fast to respond. I too like the smaller group tours. I have a group of 6 booked with her and another couple from our roll call. I think I will email her my concerns and see what her response it. I'll report back.

Thanks,

I got the impression it was an independent tour organized through their roll call.

I presume they got a discount for such a large group otherwise I don't know why they wouldn't have just booked a smaller group tour.

Several tour operators on St Kitts, although I have to admit it is one of the few places we have got duped by another tour operator while taking an independent tour.

Thanks,

I sent a very detailed email to Liz stating my concerns and received a prompt reply. She answered all of my questions and concerns and put my mind at ease. As I figured, because of it being such a large group, there were bound to be problems. That and the ship was late arriving into port that day. There were lessons learned and the issues have since been resolved. There have been nothing but positive reviews since listed on Trip Advisor.

All my fears have been put to rest and I am really looking forward to taking a tour with Pereira. Liz has gone out of her way to customize the tour to what our group wants to see and is keeping our group small. I am sure you will also have a great experience.

Edited by Misty_Que

I sent a very detailed email to Liz stating my concerns and received a prompt reply. She answered all of my questions and concerns and put my mind at ease. As I figured, because of it being such a large group, there were bound to be problems. That and the ship was late arriving into port that day. There were lessons learned and the issues have since been resolved. There have been nothing but positive reviews since listed on Trip Advisor.

All my fears have been put to rest and I am really looking forward to taking a tour with Pereira. Liz has gone out of her way to customize the tour to what our group wants to see and is keeping our group small. I am sure you will also have a great experience.

I went back and re-read Kim's review. I missed the part on it being a roll call tour. But also they were attempting to just go to the beach as a large group.

Misty-Que--when are you sailing? Would love to hear how your experience turns out if you're going before mid-January.

I went back and re-read Kim's review. I missed the part on it being a roll call tour. But also they were attempting to just go to the beach as a large group.

Misty-Que--when are you sailing? Would love to hear how your experience turns out if you're going before mid-January.

We don't sail until January 26 so it will be after your cruise I believe. Are you currently booked with Pereira?

We don't sail until January 26 so it will be after your cruise I believe. Are you currently booked with Pereira?

yes. Just an island tour and lunch some where. Thus far just the 2 of us. Looking for another couple.

We'll compare notes after you return.

• 2 weeks later...

Ok, just to clear some things up about our "tour".

Yes, we had 108 people from our roll call that signed up (not a ship tour). One of the people from our roll call contacted Liz to ask if she would give a large group a discount for having so many people to transport everyone to Reggae. All arrangements were made, list were for with names and so on. (Just to let you know, in the end we DID NOT save any money and actually talked to people that took a private cab there CHEAPER than what we paid for this horrible trip).

This was not really a "TOUR", it was merely transportation from the cruise port, driving through the town and there was no stopping, but the driver to the open air bus had a loud speaker that he would say "to your left is ___". The only stop was supposed to be at Timothy Hill for pictures...which didn't happen in either direction.

EVERYONE on our list was just to have this transportation to the beach only. But (if you read my review), it was so unorganized and Liz ended up putting some of the people on an actual "tour" and they didn't end up at the beach until it was almost time to leave. Then of course buses were late to return with more excuses and then they lied to the group saying they were "almost there" when in fact, we passed them all the way in town on our way back and they hadn't even begin to hit the mountains.

She made excuse after excuse and tried to put the blame on the group and the person in charge.

I personally found her AND the people at reggae beach very unprofessional. When I (and others from my roll call) posted our negative reviews (because let's face it, the reviews on TA are supposed to be YOUR experience and not compared to any other experience that others have posted or had in the past), I personally received several, what I would call, unprofessional responses in regards to my review, from Reggae beach and once again, putting the blame on others instead of Liz. They basically called us a liar and so on. Being a business owner myself, I found it very unprofessional the way they responded to me ....and KEPT GOING with the responses (3x) even after I only responded once and never again.

I got snotty responses such as "I guess you can't please everyone" "To me that sounds like the passengers fault" (that they got on the wrong bus, when that was were Liz told them to go) They also made the remark how Liz gave the passengers their money back, so why are they complaining? Um, Liz gave the passengers their money back AFTER the leader of our group had to tell her over and over to do so. Liz also came on our social media site after this all happened (she was a member of the roll call group prior to going) and didn't have nice things to say when she was being questioned and then quickly removed herself from the group...instead of answering questions and owning up to what had happened. :(

ONE OTHER THING...someone on here mentioned our ship was late?? :confused: Our ship wasn't late. There was nothing abnormal about the day we were there from the ship to the weather to anything.

She messed up plain and simple. Does it happened often? Probably not. Will it happen again? Hopefully not. I will never use her again and I will never go with a big group like that again. We DID NOT save any money in the end as she had said.

Thanks, KIM.:)

Appreciate your honest response. It does appear your latest adventure on St Kitts was a better time.

Not getting any interest from our roll call on using her for our cruise. I'm toying with the idea of dropping and trying to book with Rose and Jim, but they too say minimum of 4 people and are a bit more $ than Liz. But, I'm trusting we can team up with someone in the next month or so to do either. I don't want to be herded into a larger group.

Thanks, KIM.:)

Appreciate your honest response. It does appear your latest adventure on St Kitts was a better time.

Not getting any interest from our roll call on using her for our cruise. I'm toying with the idea of dropping and trying to book with Rose and Jim, but they too say minimum of 4 people and are a bit more $ than Liz. But, I'm trusting we can team up with someone in the next month or so to do either. I don't want to be herded into a larger group.

You are welcome. Yes, this time around was very nice and pleasant. I will definitely not do a big group thing like that again. The biggest group I will do is with my entire family and that's hectic enough for me. :D:p

Other than saving some money (maybe) I do not understand why someone would want to organize a large tour in the Caribbean. On most islands, you can exit the ship and find a tour or transportation at he dock. They put small groups together on the spot. On occasion, we have pre-booked a private tour for ourselves, but we were then joined together with others for small groups.

You make an excellent point about trying to organize a large group and described as 108 people from the ship to save a few bucks. Do not pick on the person in St Kitts who tries to accommodate this "roll call" group. There are many operators that do private tours on St Kitts. The cruise lines try and sell you an excursion because they make a lot of money doing this.

Other than saving some money (maybe) I do not understand why someone would want to organize a large tour in the Caribbean. On most islands, you can exit the ship and find a tour or transportation at he dock. They put small groups together on the spot. On occasion, we have pre-booked a private tour for ourselves, but we were then joined together with others for small groups.

You make an excellent point about trying to organize a large group and described as 108 people from the ship to save a few bucks. Do not pick on the person in St Kitts who tries to accommodate this "roll call" group. There are many operators that do private tours on St Kitts. The cruise lines try and sell you an excursion because they make a lot of money doing this.

Yea, I learned my lesson. Never again. I don't care if you save money or not. I would normally not do this type of thing, however, I figured what could go wrong? I mean it was only a ride to the beach and back. I didn't figure much could go wrong with that. :(