Grand Marnier Souffle on Carnival recipe

debbiegreeneyes

• 2 years later...
Does anyone have this recipe. This was my 5th carnival cruise, and it is my favorite.

It's been a long time since you asked about it, so I'm guessing that you probably no longer want it, but I have the recipe if you do. I went on the Imagination last week and fell in love with this souffle. During my Behind the Fun tour, I asked the chef for the recipe and he had it delivered to my cabin that evening. I just hope mine is as good as it was on the ship! :)

It's been a long time since you asked about it, so I'm guessing that you probably no longer want it, but I have the recipe if you do. I went on the Imagination last week and fell in love with this souffle. During my Behind the Fun tour, I asked the chef for the recipe and he had it delivered to my cabin that evening. I just hope mine is as good as it was on the ship! :)

PLEASE share your receipe!

:cool:Bill

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I found this recipe online, but I'm going to also check my Carnival Cookbook later to see if it is close :)

Grand Marnier Souffle Recipe

Souffle ingredients:

1-1/4 cup milk

1/2 cup sugar + 1/4 cup sugar

5T unsalted butter

1/2 cup all-purpose flour, sifted

6 egg yolks

zest of half an orange

2T Grand Marnier

8 egg whites

1 pinch salt

Creme Sauce ingredients:

6 egg yolks

1/2 cup sugar

2-1/2 cup milk

1 vanilla bean, split lengthwise OR

1t vanilla extract

Garnish

1/4 cup powdered sugar

=========

Preheat oven to 375F

Butter souffle dishes or ramekins and dust with a little sugar. Tilt and tap out excess.

In a medium saucepan, combine milk and 1/2 cup sugar and bring to a boil

In a small saucepan, over medium heat, melt butter and slowly mix in flour. Then stir in milk mixture. Slowly cook over low temperature, until mixture pulls from the saucepan, about 10 minutes. Do not boil. Remove from heat and slowly add egg yolks, one at a time, then orange zest and Grand Marnier. This cream can be made in advance and refrigerated.

In a mixing bowl, beat egg whites and pinch of salt with an electric mixer on medium speed until eggs are fothy. Increase speed to hide and gradually add sugar, beating egg whites until they form soft peaks.

Spoon one-third of egg whites into Grand Marnier mixture and gently mix until the batter is lightened. Fold in remaining egg whites, taking care not to deflate them. Divide the mixture into the souffle dishes.

Bake for about 20 minutes or until the souffles have doubled in size and are nicely browned.

Prepare creme sauce by creaming egg yolks with sugar. Bring milk and pre-cut vanilla bean to a boil, then slowly stir into egg mixture. Gently simmer for about 10 minutes or until cream coats the back of a wooden spoon. Do not allow sauce to boil. Take out vanilla bean. Remove from heat, pour into a bowl, and stir for a minute or two to cool.

Dust the souffles with powdered sugar and serve immediately with creme anglaise.

Here's the recipe I got directly from Carnival. Sorry if the formatting is wonky. I copied and pasted from my email.

Grand Marnier Hot Soufflé

Portions: 5

Ingredients: Quantity

Soft Butter 2 oz

H &R Flour 2 oz

Milk 240 ml

Sugar 10 oz

Egg Yolks 2 oz

Egg Whites 2 oz

Sugar 2.5 oz

Grand Marnier Liquor 2tbs

Method:

Combine, In Mixing Bowl H & R Flour, Soft Butter, to a smooth paste.

Boil the Milk In Steam Pot, And the butter, flour paste(rough)

Constantly Whisking with Hand Whisk Until the Custard is thicken and cooked. Remove From Heat (Steam Pot)and rest a while.

Add Egg Yolks, whisk until completely blended. add grand mariner liquor and mix. reserve.

In Large mixing bowl fitted with a wire whisk, whip the egg white On medium speed until Snow Peaks Form, And Gradually Pour Sugar.

Continuously whisking on same speed until meringue become fluffy. fold In, the meringue into the reserved custard.

Pipe mixture almost full to the top into the prepared buttered greased soufflé cups.

Bake @ 350f for 30 Minutes.

Remove from Oven, Immediately Sprinkle with Powder Sugar and Serve Hot with Grand Marnier Custard Sauce.

Grand Marnier custard sauce

Milk

Sugar

Butter

Egg yolks

Heavy cream

Grand Marnier liquor

Method:

· In steam pot, combine milk sugar and the butter. Boil the mixture on medium heat.

· Dilute the cornstarch into the remaining milk. Add egg yolks and mix until it dissolved completely. Pour the cornstarch mixture into the boiling milk. Constantly whisking until the sauce is thicken and cooked.

· Remove from heat, stir in, the heavy cream, adds grand Marnier and mix.

· Serve sauce hot.

Can you please share it with me as well? This was my absolute favorite dessert and can't wait to eat it again!!!

Archived