Ultimate Beverage Package

jures

I have been looking thru posts and haven't seen anything on the definition of the ultimate beverage package, I understand its good anytime, anywhere, but is there a cap based on price of drink ordered? or is it anything they serve. if there is a cap is there a wine by the glass menu that shows price?

been on other cruises where there is a limit.

thank you for your help

always thirsty, roger.

There is no dollar cap, and the Prestige Package covers everything except the most expensive single malt scotches (although a few ARE included), and top shelf cognacs and brandies (although again, a few are included).

A single brand of Champagne is included, but which brand it is, changes every few months.

Edited by JimandStan

it is wine by the glass including any Champagne listed by the glass on the menu

no bottles of wine or Champagne in the Prestige Package or the House select for that matter

you can view a sample bar menu @

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/experience/value/beverage-packages/

Edited by LHT28

I keep banging my head against the wall on this subject but there are two main reasons why we opt against the package. (How many care? Few, I'm sure. I wouldn't either.)

But one reason is that we don't go to the bars because DH hardly drinks at all. When we were dating and I ordered a Tanqueray Gibson straight up and DH ordered an apricot sour, guess who got served the sour?

But more to the point is that I don't want to be limited to a few selected glasses of wine (no matter how good those selections are). I want to choose a bottle and nurse it if I have to. And since we don't go to bars in general, I'm more interested in the wine choices. If I want a cocktail, I'll get maybe 3-5 on a cruise.

If the system switched to allowing me to get a bottle of wine from the list when using the package, I would be tempted. (But not for both of us!)

I only post this to remind newbies of SOME of the ramifications. For people who will have wine or beer at lunch, a drink around the pool, a pre-dinner drink, wine with dinner and maybe an after-dinner drink ... they'll have a different opinion.

Mura

We enjoyed the premium package on our first Oceania cruise last year. For us, it was an excellent choice. Almost anything you want any time. If we both ordered wine, they usually poured from a fresh bottle in the MDR, seconds were from the same bottle. Easy peasy. I think we owed them by the end of the trip.😉

Sent from my XT1064 using Forums mobile app

Well we think it was a great deal, depends on how much you drink. A drink a lunch or two, a few before dinner, a few at dinner.......We found we did drink more because of the package. However a few years ago we decided not to drink any more, so it's not for us anymore. But it is a great deal.

We enjoyed the premium package on our first Oceania cruise last year. For us' date=' it was an excellent choice. Almost anything you want any time. If we both ordered wine, they usually poured from a fresh bottle in the MDR, seconds were from the same bottle. Easy peasy. I think we owed them by the end of the trip.😉

Sent from my XT1064 using Forums mobile app

wHILE NOT TRUE Cham. The sparkiling wine Shramsberg Mirabella is on the by the glass for 15.50 +18% Itsthe equal of many of the better french.

On board Insignia now, and observed that the pour is barely 1 oz thus it takes really a double to equal the std 1.5 oz pour in the US. This brings a regular drink to about $25 each When on the prem package you have ALMOST 3 dozen wines to choose from...and they keep our glass pretty full .

On seadays... in the warm med or carribe or south pacific I have seen many a passenger run up 150-200 bar tabs...and thats before we talk wine at dinner or after dinner drink.

Dan, is the wine selection different for the regular drink package? I realize that it is only at meals but wondered about the list. Thanks

The wine lists for the two packages are identical.

It boils down to, "Any wine which the ship is selling by the glass is included in either package."

wHILE NOT TRUE Cham. The sparkiling wine Shramsberg Mirabella is on the by the glass for 15.50 +18% Itsthe equal of many of the better french.

On board Insignia now, and observed that the pour is barely 1 oz thus it takes really a double to equal the std 1.5 oz pour in the US. This brings a regular drink to about $25 each .

I keep reading this and also about the price of drinks on Oceania. My question is Why?

This would really bother me if I didn't have the drinks package. Don't people complain about this? In doing my research it seems like the line has so much going for it, except for this (and also, for us, the difficulty in getting a table for two in the specialties and maybe the main dining room too).

I keep reading this and also about the price of drinks on Oceania. My question is Why?

This would really bother me if I didn't have the drinks package. Don't people complain about this? In doing my research it seems like the line has so much going for it, except for this (and also, for us, the difficulty in getting a table for two in the specialties and maybe the main dining room too).

I have never had a weak drink on O even DH has to ask for extra mix

some people must free pour more than the standard amount :eek:

I had a Pina Colada as the waiter put it on the table the smell of rum almost knocked me out

We often get 2 tops but some cruises or dining times seem to command more requests for them so sometimes you just need to share

not a big deal to us

YMMV

Tying to decide if a Prestige package is worth it but I cannot find a price list for drinks.

Potentially, $60 a day could easily be made up by a couple drinks, some wine for meals and cocktails in the evening and a cognac nightcap (not a big drinker but.....relaxing while on vacation :)).

I am used to Celebrity drink packages which includes the special teas and coffees too. Are those in the drink package with Oceania or are they part of the cruise service (cappuccinos, espresso etc)

ALL non alcoholic beverages, including specialty teas and coffees (baristas served and afternoon tea service) are included in O's basic fare. Only charge is for alcoholic beverages. Most premium drinks are $15 and above plus 18% gratuity. 3 drinks a day plus wine with a meal will pay for the prestige beverage pkg. Dont forget, that with the pkg, you can order top shelf liquor and doubles etc.

Edited by Cruseforme

Tying to decide if a Prestige package is worth it but I cannot find a price list for drinks.

Potentially, $60 a day could easily be made up by a couple drinks, some wine for meals and cocktails in the evening and a cognac nightcap (not a big drinker but.....relaxing while on vacation :)).

The Preismans blog have some bar menus with prices should give you an idea

you need to factor in the 18% gratuity if buying individual drinks

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera16_menus.htm#main_bar

ALL non alcoholic beverages, including specialty teas and coffees (baristas served and afternoon tea service) are included in O's basic fare. Only charge is for alcoholic beverages. Most premium drinks are $15 and above plus 18% gratuity. 3 drinks a day plus wine with a meal will pay for the prestige beverage pkg. Dont forget, that with the pkg, you can order top shelf liquor and doubles etc.

Am continually amazed at how normally rationale people can justify the ridiculous $60/day/person alcohol package by using the equally or more ridiculous ala carte drink prices. And don't forget the equally ridiculous mandatory 18% gratuity on the already way too high drink prices. Remember, all of the liquor on board is purchased duty and tax free so how can one compare duty/tax free drinks with drinks at home with potentially high duty and taxes. Got my fireproof flack jacket on.

Remember, all of the liquor on board is purchased duty and tax free so how can one compare duty/tax free drinks with drinks at home with potentially high duty and taxes. Got my fireproof flack jacket on.

I think the days of the ships getting liquor duty free are long gone

JMO

Am continually amazed at how normally rationale people can justify the ridiculous $60/day/person alcohol package by using the equally or more ridiculous ala carte drink prices. And don't forget the equally ridiculous mandatory 18% gratuity on the already way too high drink prices. Remember, all of the liquor on board is purchased duty and tax free so how can one compare duty/tax free drinks with drinks at home with potentially high duty and taxes. Got my fireproof flack jacket on.

Don't understand why you are confused. It is a logical question. I could not find any drink prices.

Whether you think the drink prices are ridiculous and that the mandatory gratuity is ridiculous as well is really immaterial to the question.

You don't need a fireproof jacket but perhaps helping without being facetious would have served you better? :)

The Preismans blog have some bar menus with prices should give you an idea

you need to factor in the 18% gratuity if buying individual drinks

http://www.thepreismans.com/riviera16_menus.htm#main_bar

Not rationalizing, question asked, question answered. We have spent exactly $45 per cruise on alcohol in our past 6 cruises. You want to drink, not my business, but if you do drink, the pkg may be worth it is all I was stating. Wow, tough crowd tonight!

Thank you both. :)

Can't see why it should be a problem for cruise lines to source their drinks duty free but it may be that they have to pay some tax when serving drinks in ports but not on the open seas, which are international waters with no-one to pay tax to!