Question on LCV and CC reciprocity

postnobills

Hi all,

We are frequent Celebrity cruisers about to embark on our first (of many, I am hoping) AZ cruise. I am wondering if points earned in LCV are additive to CC points for determining status. Specifically, we now have about 650 CC points and will earn about 150 LCV points on our first AZ cruise. Does this mean our new status after the cruise would be based on about 800 points for both lines (i.e. Discoverer Plus for future AZ cruises and Elite Plus for Celebrity) or do we end up staying at 650 points in CC and have only 150 points on the LCV side, meaning no change in CC status and barely into Explorer level with AZ.

Thanks for your help!

Thanks for such quick responses, Excited and Bonnie. I'm glad the answer was that the credits are additive (I don't recall it being that way between RCCL and CC) and that will certainly make future bookings on AZ more compelling.

We sail from San Diego three weeks from today and can't wait to experience the cruiseline that you all love so much.

RCCL and Celebrity have a reciprocal agreement, meaning they recognize comparable levels (to a degree). They do not count points on the other's cruises.

But Celebrity and Azamara share the same database. Only the names for their various levels and details of benefits are different.

As a matter of fact, you can't even see your cruise history on the Azamara website. You have to go to Celebrity.

Edited by bob278

Thanks for such quick responses, Excited and Bonnie. I'm glad the answer was that the credits are additive (I don't recall it being that way between RCCL and CC) and that will certainly make future bookings on AZ more compelling.

We sail from San Diego three weeks from today and can't wait to experience the cruiseline that you all love so much.

We're on that cruise too, you will absolutely love the experience.

Have fun!:cool:

We're on that cruise too, you will absolutely love the experience.

We are getting very excited and in eager count-down mode until sail date.

I hope we get a chance to meet you and the other Aussies on this cruise. I'd like to offer all of you an apology for the way my President spoke to your Prime Minister last Saturday.

We are getting very excited and in eager count-down mode until sail date.

I hope we get a chance to meet you and the other Aussies on this cruise. I'd like to offer all of you an apology for the way my President spoke to your Prime Minister last Saturday.

Certainly we should get the chance, that's the best thing about the size of the Quest. Thank you for your offer of an apology but you don't need to, we have many American friends that are loyal to "both sides of the fence' or should I say 'wall'. But for your information this is how it was reported by our press, true or not....we have no idea... but your politics is certainly getting lots of coverage here:) We do look forward to meeting very soon.

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2017-02-02/donald-trump-phone-call-that-rocked-the-special-relationship/8235388