Aristocat's Norman Island & Indians tour?

canadarocks

I'm doing this tour next week. Will report back upon my return...

I've read great reviews of Aristocat Charters. We want a really good snorkelling day. Is their Norman Island and The Indians tour worth the hefty $120 per person price?

I'm doing this tour next week. Will report back upon my return...

Sid thanks in advance for a report.

I am booked in January. I know it will be a great day, but curious about times to allow: walk from ship to Aristocat 's marina dock, walk from Aristocat to Pusser's for a Painkiller, back to ship, etc.

Looks like everything is pretty close, but if you think of it, please add the info to your report.

The Indians is among my very favorite places to snorkel. The first time I went was with Aristocat, but it was with the previous owner. Nice catamaran. Great trip. I've gone back three more times and would absolutely spend the money again (I would say this even if there weren't a foot of snow outside my window in western NY :)).

The Indians is among my very favorite places to snorkel. The first time I went was with Aristocat, but it was with the previous owner. Nice catamaran. Great trip. I've gone back three more times and would absolutely spend the money again (I would say this even if there weren't a foot of snow outside my window in western NY :)).

Thanks so much. By any chance have you snorkelled in Bonaire? We went out with Woodwind there and we were amazed by how wonderful the snorkelling was. I'm wondering how The Indians compares.

Thanks so much. By any chance have you snorkelled in Bonaire? We went out with Woodwind there and we were amazed by how wonderful the snorkelling was. I'm wondering how The Indians compares.

I haven't been to Bonaire, but it's definitely on my list of places to go. I'll keep Woodwind in mind for when we go, so thanks for the tip.

Yes, it's worth it! It's great snorkeling. We went to the caves first and spent time there. We got there before it got busy, which was nice.

Next we went to a little inlet that had a beach with a little restaurant if you wanted to go there, or you could snorkel around. He also has paddleboards. I chose to snorkel and went off to the side of the beach, where I found some of the largest conches I've ever seen. There was only one other boat there.

Got back on the catamaran and had lunch. It was nothing spectacular...sandwiches, hotdogs, finger food type stuff. They make rum punch and add a little nutmeg to it. It wasn't bad.

Last stop was the Indians. There were about 3 boats there but were spread out. It was amazing. I think I saw every form of coral and sea life there was, and even some fish I had never seen before.

It's a good little walk from the pier to the dock where you get on the catamaran. Don't be late leaving the ship. You might want to preview a map of the directions rather than rely on the printed ones too. We almost passed it and would have missed our trip.

It's a good little walk from the pier to the dock where you get on the catamaran. Don't be late leaving the ship. You might want to preview a map of the directions rather than rely on the printed ones too. We almost passed it and would have missed our trip.

Thanks so much for the great review.

But now I'm a little concerned now about getting there. I've printed out the map from Aristocat's website, and the instructions. Should we use something else? I take it you were docked in Road Town, correct?

How long did it take you to walk there? :confused:

I just returned from a cruise to Tortola a couple of days ago, and did the Aristocat tour to Norman Island, the Caves, and the Indians... It was totally worth the $, and there was great snorkeling at a few different sights.

The walk from the cruise ship dock is about 10 minutes total, just remember to turn right once you get to the Banco Popular building. I actually cut through an alley, but you can see the marina, so you can't miss it...

We first sailed out of Road Town towards Norman Island, where our first stop was The Caves. Nice snorkeling area, and you can swim into the caves. Next we sailed around the corner to The Bight, where the Willie T floating bar is located. Again, nice swimming/snorkeling. Then around the island some more, to a calm area known as Privateer Bay. There, they prepared lunch, which was pretty good for a small catamaran galley.

Our next stop was the Indians, with exceptional snorkeling and scenery. Afterwards we made our way back towards Road Town. We arrived back a bit before 5:00, in plenty of time for 6:00 sail away. I walked into town to have a roti at my favorite hole in the wall spot, Ruby Roti Queen, and made it back with time to spare.

Thanks so much for the great review.

But now I'm a little concerned now about getting there. I've printed out the map from Aristocat's website, and the instructions. Should we use something else? I take it you were docked in Road Town, correct?

How long did it take you to walk there? :confused:

I just returned from a cruise to Tortola a couple of days ago, and did the Aristocat tour to Norman Island, the Caves, and the Indians... It was totally worth the $, and there was great snorkeling at a few different sights.

The walk from the cruise ship dock is about 10 minutes total, just remember to turn right once you get to the Banco Popular building. I actually cut through an alley, but you can see the marina, so you can't miss it...

We first sailed out of Road Town towards Norman Island, where our first stop was The Caves. Nice snorkeling area, and you can swim into the caves. Next we sailed around the corner to The Bight, where the Willie T floating bar is located. Again, nice swimming/snorkeling. Then around the island some more, to a calm area known as Privateer Bay. There, they prepared lunch, which was pretty good for a small catamaran galley.

Our next stop was the Indians, with exceptional snorkeling and scenery. Afterwards we made our way back towards Road Town. We arrived back a bit before 5:00, in plenty of time for 6:00 sail away. I walked into town to have a roti at my favorite hole in the wall spot, Ruby Roti Queen, and made it back with time to spare.

Thanks so much for the wonderful review. We'll remember to turn right at the Banco. :)