New Ships for Azamara Club Cruises?

LauraS

• 2 weeks later...

My wife and I are planning our first cruise with Azamara sometime in 2012 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It will be our first real vacation since "the time before children". Needless to say we are soo looking forward to this trip.

I realize that this may be a bit premature as talk of expansion may be more rumor than reality. It would be wonderful if Azamara expanded their fleet and itineraies. Hopefully this would open up more b2b sailing options.

I was also thinking that possibly Cbo Bill Leiber might be able to suggest a contest to name the new addition(s) to the fleet. Cruise Critics members could submit their suggestions and a random drawing(s) could be pulled from the pool of winning suggestions (because great minds think alike I'm sure more than one of us will submit the same ship names). This way the whole Azamara family gets a chance to name one of their new children. lol Prizes could range from an obc to a free cruise. Seems like a great way for Azamara to say thank you to their customers. Heck what do I know? Seems like a great PR move to me. I'm not sure about the legalities on contest rules? Any thoughts?

Regards,

Steve

Sry went a bit long. My first post ever, a bit nervous. lol

My wife and I are planning our first cruise with Azamara sometime in 2012 to celebrate our 25th wedding anniversary. It will be our first real vacation since "the time before children". Needless to say we are soo looking forward to this trip.

I realize that this may be a bit premature as talk of expansion may be more rumor than reality. It would be wonderful if Azamara expanded their fleet and itineraies. Hopefully this would open up more b2b sailing options.

I was also thinking that possibly Cbo Bill Leiber might be able to suggest a contest to name the new addition(s) to the fleet. Cruise Critics members could submit their suggestions and a random drawing(s) could be pulled from the pool of winning suggestions (because great minds think alike I'm sure more than one of us will submit the same ship names). This way the whole Azamara family gets a chance to name one of their new children. lol Prizes could range from an obc to a free cruise. Seems like a great way for Azamara to say thank you to their customers. Heck what do I know? Seems like a great PR move to me. I'm not sure about the legalities on contest rules? Any thoughts?

Regards,

Steve

Sry went a bit long. My first post ever, a bit nervous. lol

Hi Steve !

Welcome to Cruise Critic, and to the Azamara Forum. Great first post !

While I have no idea on what Royal Caribbean / Azamara's timetable is for new ships, the idea of a naming contest is a good one. It's been done by several lines in the past.

I truly hope that when the eagerly awaited day of Azamara's newbuild announcement comes to reality... the Cruise Critic community will play a role in the ship(s) future... whether it be involving the Ship's name, or possibly items such as - what we'd like to see on the new ships, Cabin design, or Specialty Dining venues. The ideas are endless !

After all, aren't New Cruise Ships the result of great ideas, passion and inspiration ? That's what I see, every time I see a Cruise Ship !

The only problem with a competition is, for legal reasons, they are never open to "the whole Azamara family". There always has to be geographic restrictions and, therefore, will increase the feeling that the cruise line is favouring one market over the others.

Sue

Archived