Kayaking in Kauai, volcanoes national park POA. - repost from NCL board.

Adventuresabound

Hi All!

We'll be sailing out this weekend on POA. We would like to do kayaking in Kauai, and are hoping for suggestions for the best tour companies. The ship offers the Jungle falls and Hidden falls trips which seem cool because it's a kayaking/ waterfall swimming thing, but I feel like I could do it for half the price from another company who does pick up at the port. Any suggestions?

Also has anyone done volcanos national park via rental car as opposed to a tour? How did it work out?

Thanks!!

If you look down the board, there are many discussions on renting cars. From Hilo, the volcano is a easy drive, and very good way to do it.

While we are on Kauai right now, (land trip) can't answer your questions about that tour.

Edited by CruiserBruce

Hi All!

We'll be sailing out this weekend on POA. We would like to do kayaking in Kauai, and are hoping for suggestions for the best tour companies. The ship offers the Jungle falls and Hidden falls trips which seem cool because it's a kayaking/ waterfall swimming thing, but I feel like I could do it for half the price from another company who does pick up at the port. Any suggestions?

Also has anyone done volcanos national park via rental car as opposed to a tour? How did it work out?

Thanks!!

They why don't you just book independent in Kauai?

Certainly, yes, many times I have driven to Volcanos National Park. Simple drive, plus the ability to include several more stops if of interest.