Drinks on Dream

• 1 month later...

Paperwork for Thomson Cruises Dec 2016 states 'Passengers are not permitted to take on-board any such liquors for use during the voyage whether for consumption in their own cabins or otherwise'

'may confiscate alcohol brought on-board by Passengers. Such alcohol will be returned to the passengers at the end of the cruise.'

There is also a bit about refusing to serve anyone who is deemed to have had too much...which is good..

Therefore there is no allowance.

Paperwork for Thomson Cruises Dec 2016 states 'Passengers are not permitted to take on-board any such liquors for use during the voyage whether for consumption in their own cabins or otherwise'

'may confiscate alcohol brought on-board by Passengers. Such alcohol will be returned to the passengers at the end of the cruise.'

For legal reasons that's standard small print to cover them in case there is ever a need to confiscate alcohol.

Never seen it applied.

Taking a bottle onboard in carry on luggage won't be an issue.

I have cruised on several cruise ships and always taken a bottle of bubbly on board with us to drink in our cabin. We have never cruised with Thomson before and was wondering are you allowed to take a bottle on board to drink in your own cabin?

Hi sailorgirl33

We have sailed with Thomson for many years and have never had any problems we did four cruises this year and have three booked for next year I have checked our paperwork on all of them and cannot find any mention of confiscation:rolleyes:, a few years ago they did for a few months implement a restriction but it was lifted. They do sell duty free, when in the correct port, on board for you to take into your cabin but please don't attempt to take it into the bars. Have a great cruise.

The duty free shop is open on the vast majority, but not all cruises - dependent on the itinerary.

We did a cruise last year which was all EU ports of call so it could not legally operate.

It can't open in port in any circumstances as far as I know, has to be outside territorial waters.

Incidentally the best time to buy is the first day after departure, there is invariably a promotional discount - was 15% on Dream recently, I paid £8.50 for a litre of Captain Morgan dark rum.

The alcohol notice is in the cruise brochure - the wording is interesting.

Edited by WeeCountyMan

My sister was on Spirit sailing out of Malaga in August and they called into Gibraltar before arriving back at Malaga and all passengers were advised that their luggage would be scanned at the port before leaving for the airport to check they had no duty free items over the limit of one bottle of spirits or 200 cigarettes so beware this does not happen in Palma