Sailing from Tilbury on 2nd January 2017

budgierunner

Fred Olsen

We have booked a short repositioning cruise leaving Tilbury on 2nd January 2017. Just found out this is a Bank Holiday and there is no transport at all to Tilbury. We are having a problem regarding getting from the Twickenham area of London to Tilbury. Is anyone else going on the same cruise that has found an answer to this problem please. Thanks

Thank you for your reply but Fenchurch Street trains to Tilbury are running from St Pancras via Gravesend. You can purchase a through ticket to Tilbury but the Gravesend Ferry is not operating because it is a Bank Holiday so there is no way to get to Tilbury. Had it been a simple trip from Fenchurch St to Tilbury I wouldn't have posted the problem.

Hi

Thank you for your reply. The only c2c service I can find does not run until 18.25 on the 2nd - too late for my cruise sailing time. Other services are routed via Gravesend and there is no ferry on the 2nd. I would be grateful for more specific information if you can find it please.

I have spent hours trying to find a solution!!

I am disembarking on that day in Tilbury and have found a train but probably the 'revised Sunday timetable' means a reduction in service.

Sometime ago,when I received one of the FO brochures, I called the companies which appear on the brochure as offering transportation to ports of call. Mostly they do that for Dover, Southampton, etc, but one of them could organise from London Victoria to Tilbury and back. Not cheap (I think it was close to 100 GBP each way with luggage, etc) but that could be an option for you

• 2 weeks later...

Hi

Thank you for your message. I have already seen that you can get a train from Tilbury to Fenchurch Street but for some strange reason there is no service in the other direction. I have tried to phone 2c2 but only get a gentleman in Mumbai who does not understand the English rail system. There is also another service which is routed by 2c2 from St Pancras to Tilbury via the Gravesend Ferry but the ferry is not running on the 2nd and the gentleman in Mumbai said that it was just a question of getting a boat across the river if there were no ferries!!!!!!

I am now totally fed up with looking at tfl, 2c2, buses etc. and have given up...

We've sailed from Tilbury several times, arriving at London Euston by train.

We've booked at private transfer from 'Adelphi Executive Hire' 07900 330966 and they've coped with the train arriving at different times and different stations from those booked, still collecting and transporting us to either a hotel or the cruise terminal.

Hi

Many thanks but a taxi is not an option as we live west of London.

I think you have misread my post. I did not suggest you got a taxi the whole way, I suggested you get an Underground train to somewhere like Upminster which is fairly close to Tilbury! Then a short taxi ride to the docks.