Where to rent a car

caral2004

Honestly, I would not rent a car in Barbados. We did a tour there last week that pretty much took us around the whole island. There are not many signs along the roads, so it's easy to get lost. Our tour guide even pointed this out and commented on it. Just curious, where exactly were you planning on going while in port?

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

If you want to drive, I think Barbados is one of the better islands. The roads are in very good condition. I thought the roads in the countryside were well marked. Bridgetown was tough to navigate but the ship is the tallest thing in town so you'll get there eventually. 😀

It's fun to drive on the wrong side of the road too! We rented a car at the cruise terminal.

Wish I could remember the local company we used, but they simply delivered the car right to the port. We met our rental car agent in the terminal, completed the paperwork on the spot, and he handed us the keys. We did get lost a few times (when way out in the countryside near Harrison' Cave) and had to stop to ask directions (this is hard for any man to admit). But all was good.

Hank

Does Hertz deliver and pick up from the cruise terminal? I am booked with Voyager (at the pier) but would prefer Hertz. Also I'm booked at $95 but took the insurance and the GPS :)

We love renting a car on the islands if we are there long enough.