Taxi cab cost to valley church beach?

kadey

Does anyone know the cost of a taxi to valley church beach? We will be there in two weeksand we there will be 4 of us (all adults). I know there is a public bus,but with limited time we prefer a taxi. Also,if anyone has a suggestion of a beach that is comparable and closer to the port,I'd appreciate your view. We would like a beautiful beach,chair rentals and food! Valley church sounds great but I realize it's a twenty minute cab ride and with 4 adults the price could add up.thanks -kade

Valley Church is a beautiful beach, very peaceful and not over crowded. The day we visited, Feb. 7th, ours was the only cruise ship in port.

Many taxi drivers waiting, but the taxi supervisor was screening passengers and asked us where we wanted to go (Valley Church Beach). We asked the price and he quoted $6/pp each way (there were 4 of us). He assigned us to a driver who we followed to his vehicle several blocks away.

The driver said he knew of a better beach, but we insisted on Valley Church. He finally agreed, but did not appear happy with our request. The ride took about 25 minutes and was well worth it. Perfect beach with about 50 people total. Chairs were $5/each and we didn't need an umbrella because there was ample shade from trees.

We had arranged for the driver to pick us up at a prearranged time, and pay him when he brought us back to the ship. We figured $48 total, and added a $12 tip. When I gave him the $60 he became angry and told us the fare was $8/pp each way. I reminded him that the supervisor had quoted us $6.00, but he insisted the supervisor was wrong.

In order to avoid an altercation in a foreign country over $4.00, I just gave him a $5.00 bill to end the discussion. We tried to find the supervisor on the pier, but there was no one from the taxi commission we could locate. If we had to do it over again, we would confirm prices with both the supervisor and the driver together.

We were able to rent a jet ski at Valley Church - a couple of vendors would slowly pass by on their jet ski and ask if anyone would like to rent it. The price was $45 for 30 minutes.

Have a great time!

Valley Church is one of if not the nicest beach we've visited in our 9 cruises to the Caribbean.

Like the OP we asked a taxi driver for a price and were told that it would be $32 return for the two of us but he suggested we get two more people as the price would still be $32.

I was able to convince a couple from our ship who were hesitant at first but on the return trip thanked me for convincing them to join us.

Our driver was at the beach at the agreed time for the return trip and we paid him $8 each plus tip when we arrived back at the ship.

It's too bad you had an unpleasant experience but you know from reading these boards that there are always a few exceptions in every care free vacation we hope for.

But as you said it really is a perfect beach.

I believe I even read once about a bad experience with a driver in New York City of all places ;-)

709030203_sMUd4-L.jpg

709030555_26vqs-L.jpg

We just got back and it was beautiful but it is no longer a secret. It was overcrowded. There were 4 ships in port. We paid $8.00 pp each way for the taxi. Our taxi driver told us that Valley Church Beach is now where the taxi drivers are recommending to people.

We rented jet skis and rode by several other beaches and they did not seem crowded at all. It was the most beautiful water I have ever seen but I think we may try a different beach if we go there again. It may just have been since there were so many ships in port.

Valley Church is a beautiful beach, very peaceful and not over crowded. The day we visited, Feb. 7th, ours was the only cruise ship in port.

Many taxi drivers waiting, but the taxi supervisor was screening passengers and asked us where we wanted to go (Valley Church Beach). We asked the price and he quoted $6/pp each way (there were 4 of us). He assigned us to a driver who we followed to his vehicle several blocks away.

The driver said he knew of a better beach, but we insisted on Valley Church. He finally agreed, but did not appear happy with our request. The ride took about 25 minutes and was well worth it. Perfect beach with about 50 people total. Chairs were $5/each and we didn't need an umbrella because there was ample shade from trees.

We had arranged for the driver to pick us up at a prearranged time, and pay him when he brought us back to the ship. We figured $48 total, and added a $12 tip. When I gave him the $60 he became angry and told us the fare was $8/pp each way. I reminded him that the supervisor had quoted us $6.00, but he insisted the supervisor was wrong.

In order to avoid an altercation in a foreign country over $4.00, I just gave him a $5.00 bill to end the discussion. We tried to find the supervisor on the pier, but there was no one from the taxi commission we could locate. If we had to do it over again, we would confirm prices with both the supervisor and the driver together.

We were able to rent a jet ski at Valley Church - a couple of vendors would slowly pass by on their jet ski and ask if anyone would like to rent it. The price was $45 for 30 minutes.

Have a great time!

We had the exact same thing happen to us when we went to Valley Church last Nov. But CC took down my post when I tried to warn people about this scam & a certain driver that will not be named. Do you remember your drivers name?

DH and I went there in Jan and took at taxi ( mini bus ) for 8pp/ow and for me it was well worth it. When we were ready to go back we just went past the Nest to where all the mini buses were and got on one. I thought the rate was ok for the convenience and we had no trouble with the driver.

Could you tell me what type of food the Nest offers, I know it shouldn't be a big deal but there are 5 of us and 3 of us love shrimp and lobster and the other 2 don't like any seafood, so is their menu large enough for our group. I have been trying to decide between Runaway, Dickinson, and Valley Church. Thank you everyone for your help.

We had the exact same thing happen to us when we went to Valley Church last Nov. But CC took down my post when I tried to warn people about this scam & a certain driver that will not be named. Do you remember your drivers name?

We think our taxi driver's name was Uncle XXXXXX (can't recall), but will ask the other couple who was with us.

Is it against rules to post a name here? Just curious why your post was pulled.

We think our taxi driver's name was Uncle XXXXXX (can't recall), but will ask the other couple who was with us.

Is it against rules to post a name here? Just curious why your post was pulled.

I was P'dOff & posted his name to warn others about his antics. I guess you can't post names even though my story was true. When I read about your situation it was as if I wrote it myself.

• 5 years later...
  • 7 months later...