Advice for Manhattan Cruise Terminal

My wife and I are on Norwegian next May to Bermuda are there any hotels nearby that offer parkibg/shuttle deals? While the parking at the terminal is convenient it was super expensive for our honeymoon cruise last year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

We have stayed at a hotel across the river in Nj then drive to the port imperial/weehawken ferry(in the morning) to park for the week. Is an easy walk right into the ferry and over to the pier.

We have parked there twice now and it's $140/week. Super clean, safe and did I mention easy lol?

We actually just got off the Breakaway this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I think not, but you should be asking this on the East Coast Departures board, under North American Homeports. EM

Ever so sorry that I broke protocol. I am new on here, 1000 apologies for not being the seasoned poster like yourself obviously.

We have stayed at a hotel across the river in Nj then drive to the port imperial/weehawken ferry(in the morning) to park for the week. Is an easy walk right into the ferry and over to the pier.

We have parked there twice now and it's $140/week. Super clean, safe and did I mention easy lol?

We actually just got off the Breakaway this morning!

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

Thanks!:D

Ever so sorry that I broke protocol. I am new on here, 1000 apologies for not being the seasoned poster like yourself obviously.

There really is no need for you to apologize; you did nothing wrong.

The poster you quoted was only pointing out that there was another forum where your question might have a better chance of getting a response.

But this is ask a cruise question, which you did. And you did receive the information you were looking for.

You are not going to get any good hotel deals in Manhattan...that include parking. There are some options across the river (in New Jersey) but that is not where you want to be if seeing NYC is part of your agenda. There are some parking garages within a few blocks of the cruise terminal that are less expensive then parking at the port....but its somewhat inconvenient and your savings may not make it worth while.

Hank

My wife and I are on Norwegian next May to Bermuda are there any hotels nearby that offer parkibg/shuttle deals? While the parking at the terminal is convenient it was super expensive for our honeymoon cruise last year. Any advice would be greatly appreciated!

Are you committed to driving - depending upon where you are coming from, public transportation might work. Alternatively, the "parking/shuttle" question can be better answered if we know your location - if from New England, New Jersey would not make the sense it would if you were coming from Pennsylvania, for example.

She was just trying to help you and point you in the right direction, where you would receive many more responses.

You're far more likely to get useful information in the correct place. Has nothing to do with protocol.

You can get cheaper parking near the port if you use services like parkwiz. There is one hotel in NJ that offers a park n cruise deal, including transfers to the port. Check in NYC port forum and NCL forum

I don't remember name of the hotel.

I think that poster was just trying to be helpful. There are several different options depending upon factors such as budget, using public transportation, sightseeing or just a place to stay... The east coast departures board will give you all of them.

• 1 month later...

Parking is steep in NYC. We cruised once out of Manhattan port and found that, all things considered, it was cheaper to fly (from North Carolina) rather than drive. We used an internet booking site to find a reasonable hotel in the Central Park/Broadway area and took a cab to port.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I should have added that a favorite technique of ours is to use one-way rental cars. We live about 3 hours outside of NYC...so driving is a good option. If we are embarking from the Port on 12th Ave (near 50th Street) there are several major rental car places within 6 block. I will often do a one-way, drop DW and the terminal with our luggage (she just waits outside) and then return the car. Finally, I walk back to the port and meet DW. For Red Hook, there are a few rental sites in Brooklyn (in or near the Marriott Brooklyn Bridge...and we will drop the car and simply call Uber to get us to the nearby port.

If we are taking a 10 day or shorter cruise that returns to NYC...we generally pay the big bucks and park right at the cruise port. We find its worth the money when we consider the convenience. Using Amtrak is also an option for many in the Northeast.

Hank

When we sailed on the BA we stayed at the Hilton Garden Inn in Ridgefield, NJ. Not far from the pier and it included the parking AND a car service to and from the port.

All told we paid about $350 for the 3 of us, which included breakfast and transportation. Much cheaper than parking at the port and staying at a hotel the night before separately! It was even one of the better Stay and Cruise places we have been. I "picked" our room before hand with their app, and when I got there I was a little miffed because instead of a 2nd floor room by the stairs (yeah... I smoke :p) we ended up on the 3rd or 4th floor in the middle. Turns out they moved us because the banquet rooms on the 1st floor were rented for a Sweet 16 party.... which was going on until about 2 am and music blasting. Was so thankful they moved our room in the end!

Plus who doesn't want black car service to and from the port, along with not having to attempt to drive in NYC? Oh and it wasn't extra for the tolls also, so the price was 100% all in for it.