Disney Cruise Canceled - Insurance Claim?

joogle

Basically, travel insurance may cover any NON-REFUNDABLE expenses for a cancelled cruise, regardless of who cancels.
Just to be clear: Travel insurance only will pay in the case of "covered causes" which vary from policy to policy and can be affected by riders and such. It's not relevant to this case, but I thought it important to clarify that insurance would cover a passenger cancelling for any reason (unless there is a CFAR rider on the policy and its provisions are satisfied).

A few years ago, I had booked a cruise and bought my own insurance (via my TA). Unfortunately, my wife changed jobs and was unable to get the week we were going off. It was still before the final pay, so I got my money back. Fortunately, my TA was able to get the insurance premium to count for a new trip that we booked, but I fully expected to lost the premium. Plus, I am one of those people who has to buy insurance immediately to get coverage for pre-existing conditions and cancel for any reason.

I was very happy to get credit for my next trip. Wasn't expected, but nice.

Yeah they seem to only be covering like excursions/delays/re-booking fees/etc. that were prepaid - which we did not have any.

That is still a good amount I will lose on the insurance, I guess I can check with them if it can be used on a future sailing. Or only other thing I can think of is make a claim for meals or something for Sept. 8 to 11 which was the sailing.

OP - you will NOT be refunded your insurance premium. That's the cost of doing business. However, read your policy carefully and submit a claim for any covered expenses you incurred, etc. You might ask if the premium could be applied to a future cruise sailing but you won't be able to do both (collect on expenses now AND apply to a future cruise).

OP - you will NOT be refunded your insurance premium. That's the cost of doing business. However, read your policy carefully and submit a claim for any covered expenses you incurred, etc. You might ask if the premium could be applied to a future cruise sailing but you won't be able to do both (collect on expenses now AND apply to a future cruise).

It appears the OP is hoping to recoup any additional costs involved with his parents now having to stay at his house since the cruise was cancelled (room and meal costs). And, failing that, getting the cost of the insurance refunded.