HC cabin 4517 pics - Jewel of the Seas

BarbJ52

Here are some pics from our recent cruise on JOS. We really enjoyed the cabin and had plenty of room for the scooter. Our cabin steward, Perfecto was amazing!!! One caution, though .... those who are light sleepers may be bothered by early morning noise overhead. It sounded as if tables and chairs were being dragged across the floor. I was awakened each morning, but was sleeping so well that it didn't bother me.

We had a great cruise and thoroughly enjoyed the ship, staff, and fellow passengers.

Barb

898509856_HCcabin1.JPG.063fb7c54af3b9c8e5acba8087c6e8db.JPG

806583043_HCcabin2.jpg.e87c4da841ec8e40fd0474d917fc83f2.jpg

158187261_HCcabin3.jpg.416dd2c4d0465e07229f7cfda483ca6c.jpg

1601983022_HCcabin4.jpg.e3cb119a223acf64055c03c82f4335cd.jpg

The cabin is VERY roomy. I had heard (and it certainly appears this way to me) that they combined 2 cabins to create enough space for a wheelchair to be able to maneuver comfortably. On a particularly frisky evening (OK - after a couple of drinks) :D dh was riding in circles on the scooter without coming close to any furniture - or me! (If he wasn't already in the cabin for the night, I might have had to take his key away!) :)

BTW, we loved the automatic doors. Our previous hc cabin did not have this. It took me a while to get used to, but eventually I stopped reaching for the handle after unlocking the door. This feature made it much easier for dh to come an go independently.

Here are a few more pics.

455467594_HCcabin5.jpg.e46b9669816413ae12307bcb5da6fb7d.jpg

184439593_HCcabin6.jpg.dad51be4f8d4f4bd495044b6bad66b2f.jpg

1016690519_HCcabin7.jpg.b2a6a732ef84494d6485183b1ea6924b.jpg

1620348977_HCcabin8.jpg.10c3e40298c4a9d2b6d6051053e16648.jpg

Sorry - yes, it's an inside cabin.

The hc cabins each had an automatic door as an entrance to the cabin. Instead of inserting your key into a slot on the door, you insert it into a slot on a box mounted to the wall beside the cabin door. When you remove the key, the door opens automatically. There is also a button beside the bathroom door that can be used to automatically open the door when exiting the room. (You can see that blue button in the picture below. It is partially hidden by the curtain.)

The cabin also has an emergency button in the bathroom and beside the bed. One morning after our wake-up call, I was fumbling around for the light switch and I accidentally hit the emergency button by the bed. :eek: Well, I was only half awake and couldn't figure out what to do next. Fortunately, Guest Relations called right away and told me how to shut it off. :)

Once we figured out what routes to take, getting around the ship was a breeze. The cabin is located near the forward elevators. In the morning and evening when the cabin stewards had their carts in the hallway, it was impossible to get through on our deck. But, if we took the elevator to deck 5 or 6 or 11, we could get anywhere we needed to go. It might require getting on the midship elevators afterwards, but we could get there.

We loved this cabin and really enjoyed the ship and the cruise.

Barb

741999043_JeweloftheSeas2008080.jpg.179af33c74664162707f7e65b033422e.jpg

That looks very similar to the HC inside cabin on the Radiance that I saw (belonged to a friend). I only glanced into the bathroom from the room, but it was accessible like this one (unlike on some other lines, from what she's experienced...). The only thing is they didn't have the extra sofa chair - and I'm thinking it may have been the bigger three-cushion sofa. I know it opened into a sofa bed, as there were three singles in the cabin (the regular bed was separated into two beds) so one of them slept there. It had the buttons to open the door to the room, as well.

The smaller sofa in this cabin does open into a sofa bed. The cabin sleeps 3. There is another inside hc cabin on deck 4 that accomodates 4 passengers. I didn't see it, but perhaps that cabin has the larger sofa that opens to a queen bed.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived