Cruise Wedding & Honeymoon?

Are any of you ladies taking a separate honeymoon in addition to your cruise wedding or are you simply having a weddingmoon (meaning the cruise will also be your honeymoon)? Just curious to see what everyone else is doing!

We are taking a separate honeymoon after the cruise (we leave the day the ship returns), because we want to spend as much time with our families/friends during the cruise as possible. We hardly ever get all of our families together because everyone lives in different states, so we want to take advantage of it while we have the chance.

We took a seperate cruise about six months later that was our real honeymoon. Like you, we wanted to be able to spend as much time with our friends and family as possible. We considered a B2B, but it was nice to have a second vacation to look forward to. And it way way more relaxing.

We know we want to do a separate honeymoon, but are undecided on what. Our current favorite idea is to do a back-to-back (our wedding cruise is a 3-day, and the following one would be a 4-day), and do a bigger trip in 6 months. I love my family, but I want a real honeymoon with my new hubby.

Our wedding is a Thurs-Sun cruise and we expect at least 50 sailing guests, so we are taking off the following Satruday for Roatan, Honduras for a week! We're treating our wedding as one big reception, and then we want some alone time for the honeymoon.

The rest of my family are frequent cruisers and from what they have told me, they like to do their own thing during the day, so we may have dinner with them at night, but that's about it. I am already looking at anniversary cruises though :D:p

We are going to take a European cruise for our 1 year anniversary/honeymoon. We are getting married on embarkation day and we aren't planning to host any events for cruising guests so besides seeing them in passing we won't be bothered on the cruise.

• 2 weeks later...

After thoughtful consideration and a few convo's with the new hubby we decided to take a second honeymoon (as I laugh to myself while I type this). We got back from the wedding cruise on July 9th and as we're walking off the ship he says to me, "Do you think it's to late to book another one for today? Can we get off and just get back on?" Now in my head I'm thinking, I can just call our PVP and book it, but then reality sunk in and I realized that I had to go back to work on Monday.

Fast forward 30 days and he says, "you know we really should take another cruise because we were so busy with everyone on the honeymoon that we didn't really get a chance to be just us." After I stopped gushing, I immediately booked another cruise which we leave on Sept 15th. It will be our second honeymoon, only 2 months after our 1st honeymoon....lol

After thoughtful consideration and a few convo's with the new hubby we decided to take a second honeymoon (as I laugh to myself while I type this). We got back from the wedding cruise on July 9th and as we're walking off the ship he says to me, "Do you think it's to late to book another one for today? Can we get off and just get back on?" Now in my head I'm thinking, I can just call our PVP and book it, but then reality sunk in and I realized that I had to go back to work on Monday.

Fast forward 30 days and he says, "you know we really should take another cruise because we were so busy with everyone on the honeymoon that we didn't really get a chance to be just us." After I stopped gushing, I immediately booked another cruise which we leave on Sept 15th. It will be our second honeymoon, only 2 months after our 1st honeymoon....lol

That's awesome! Where are you going & for how long?

We just booked our HM cruise a few short hours ago! It's a nine night repositioning cruise from San Juan to Baltimore visiting lots of gorgeous islands. We fly to PR from Miami the day we disembark from the wedding cruise & explore for two days before the ship leaves. And since Baltimore is a short train ride from our home, we avoid a return flight. So excited!

Typed with my thumbs on a tablet

The wedding cruise (aka the 1st honeymoon) we sailed out of Ny to San Juan PR, St. Thomas and, Grand Turk

Our second HM is also out of NY going to Boston MA, Portland ME, Halifax and St. John's. It's a 7 day on the Glory.

When we got married we had sailing and non-sailing guests. We had never taken a trip that was just the two of us. So we decided to take a second cruise as our honeymoon. The honeymoon took more time to plan than the wedding. We took it about 1.5 years after the wedding cruise.

Well we had a wedding moon. And spent $350 for a simple but wonderful wedding ceremony at Brewer's Beach (day 3 of the 7 day cruise) in St. Thomas. But the cruise was just for the two of us (a drunk on a beach was one of our witnesses!) Then we had a HUGE Bonne Retournee party for 150 people the day we got home that was planned by the Don't-Call-Us-Bridesmaid team. Easy on everyone's wallets and we got our privacy. And setting up a gift registry with Carnival was easy and resulted us in getting cash back AFTER our bar bill and all the excursions. Now THAT's pretty cool.

We're considering a "Second honeymoon" over the holidays 2013. (Wedding in June 2013)

Plenty of time to come home from wedding/honeymoon cruise, enjoy the summer, have our at home reception, save a little bit of drinking money through the fall, and enjoy Christmas in the tropics! :)

It also has to do with work schedules, I'm lucky -- the company closes for Christmas! :)

Archived