Frustrated with last few pounds

msu11y28

I would like to lose 5-7 more pounds before I get to the weight I am happy with. I have lost 30 in the past six months. (To anyone who is just starting a diet or feeling like you have a long way to go, don't give up, I never exercised or ate right and now it's just become part of my life, so you can definitely do it!)

Anyway it's these last few pounds that have been so frustrating. It's like I'm so close but they refuse to come off. Should I be working out MORE? I'll check my weight and see that I've gone down a pound or two, but when I check the next week (I always check on the same days, at the same time of day), I've gained it right back. Is my body stalling because it doesn't want to lose any more weight? Any tips? Thanks!

Congrats on your determination, will power and exercise to see your extra pounds gone! Can you increase your cardio? Drink your much needed water!! Hang in there - you've lost 30 so you know what works with your body! WoW Good for you!!

Congratulations! You're doing great! I think it must slow down for all of us as we get closer.

I was mainly watching my portion control like a hawk. Eating small (fist size) amounts at one time, letting myself get hungry in between eating, drinking lots of water etc. to lose my weight.

(see the thread "Handy Plan" for full details)

I got about as close as you and then I was kind of stuck myself. This is when I added the No WHEAT, No SUGAR plan from the "Easiet Diet Ever" thread and it seemed to kickstart my weightloss again until I reached my goal. This was hard to avoid all sugar & wheat... it's in almost everything that has already been "prepared." I am slowly letting myself have these again... but I'll be watching my weight. Cruising soon helps me too!

Keep up the good work, don't let yourself get frustrated. It WILL happen.

___

Congratulations! You're doing great! I think it must slow down for all of us as we get closer.

I was mainly watching my portion control like a hawk. Eating small (fist size) amounts at one time, letting myself get hungry in between eating, drinking lots of water etc. to lose my weight.

(see the thread "Handy Plan" for full details)

I got about as close as you and then I was kind of stuck myself. This is when I added the No WHEAT, No SUGAR plan from the "Easiet Diet Ever" thread and it seemed to kickstart my weightloss again until I reached my goal. This was hard to avoid all sugar & wheat... it's in almost everything that has already been "prepared." I am slowly letting myself have these again... but I'll be watching my weight. Cruising soon helps me too!

Keep up the good work, don't let yourself get frustrated. It WILL happen.

___

Thanks...I am going to check out those threads! My worry with avoiding sugar and wheat is if it the weight will come back once I add them back to my diet. Good luck with yours, sounds like it's going great :)

What kind of exercises are you doing? Congratulations on your weight loss. That is awesome!!

Hi Mommiejaxx,

I am very OCD about my gym schedule and go Monday and Wednesday nights after work, Friday afternoons (I only work a half day), and Sat. mornings. My gym offers free classes so on Saturdays I do either the spinning or Pilates class. It's a nice break from the workouts the other days and it's fun to be in class with other people. On the other days, I mix it up with cardio, weight training, or both. I do 20-30 minutes on the treadmill or the elliptical...when I started I couldn't even do five, so it just proves that your stamina definitely builds up over time!

When I first started going my husband showed me how to use some of the machines, and for my birthday last year he got me some sessions with a personal trainer. She was really helpful teaching me how many reps to do, when I should be doing what, etc. Also I do crunches every time I go. I think the most important thing I learned from Ashley (my trainer) was that with weight training/toning it's all about QUALITY, not quantity. For example you don't need to do 1000 situps to tone up, I only do a few sets of 30 (in different positions targeting different areas), but since she taught me how to do them properly it makes a much bigger difference. :)

If I miss one of my days I feel guilty about it...something I never thought possible when it came to me and exercise!!! OK sorry for the longgg answer!

Wow! You should be really proud of yourself.. It sounds like you get plenty of exercise.. I was just going to tell you about a website that has great workout programs on dvd. You may have heard of it already but it's called beachbody.com and they have lots of different programs. I have a lot of them but the one I was thinking of for you was the Slim in Six. It is a slimming series designed to do over a 6 week period. You can check it out yourself if you are interested. I just started the Turbo Jam program and it seems really good. I am just really finding it difficult to stay motivated. You keep up the good work though. You are doing great! :)

I feel your pain, I too have been struggling to take the last 5 pounds off fo a couple of months now.

What has started to help me is to increase my cardio. I went from my normal 30 minutes to 45, ( 4 days a week) which I built up to 5 minutes at a time. I also increased the level one higher on the crosstranier too. At first I thought no way can I do more than 30 minutes but you will be surprised to find that you can do it.

All of our body chemisty is different but here is also what I found... Like you I would loose a pound, only to gain it back with no change in my habits.... Then I started to notice that once that loose a pound gain a pound started to happen after a little while that pound did go away for good... So if you are like me this loose and gain is a step in the right direction, and soon it will become permanent.

Harder, but I have also come to accept that I did great in loosing the pounds, I already look better and feel good and these 5 pounds is not going to make a huge difference one way or another. In the end it may be my body has become comfortable with my new weight, and so be it.

Wow! You should be really proud of yourself.. It sounds like you get plenty of exercise.. I was just going to tell you about a website that has great workout programs on dvd. You may have heard of it already but it's called beachbody.com and they have lots of different programs. I have a lot of them but the one I was thinking of for you was the Slim in Six. It is a slimming series designed to do over a 6 week period. You can check it out yourself if you are interested. I just started the Turbo Jam program and it seems really good. I am just really finding it difficult to stay motivated. You keep up the good work though. You are doing great! :)

I had so much trouble getting motivated! But once you make yourself start going it will definitely become habit! Do you have a gym buddy or someone work on the DVDs with you? That might help keep you motivated if you know you have a workout date with them too. I haven't heard of your DVD but someone I know had good results with a DVD set called Power 90 (I think that's the name)...there were 2 DVDs, you worked your way up to the harder one. Like I said I feel bad now when I don't go...good luck! :D

Yes Power 90 is great too. From the same website and similar to Slim in 6 in the way that you work up to the harder dvd's. I did it a couple years ago with good results, it's just a little boring to me now. I am actually doing another program called Turbo Jam from the same site. So far, I love it.. Very upbeat.. They have a lot of programs and I have most of them.. ;)

They all look so good on the infomercials.. Anyway, I am trying to push on even if I don't feel like it. Thanks for your advice and encouragement!

Archived