CDG - How to get from 2E to 2F

jimd909

I have a flight -- LAX-CDG-FCO coming up and would like to know how it is at Charles de Gualle airport in France.

How difficult / easy, long does it take to get from terminal 2E to 2F @ CDG and vice verse?

When going from 2E to 2F do you need to go through security again?

I found an old post on here (2008) and the links do not work any more.

Any help will be appreciated.

http://www.aeroportsdeparis.fr/ADP/en-GB/Passagers/Access-maps-car-parks/guide-connection-flight/

You are landing at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2E

and your connecting flight is at Paris-Charles de Gaulle Terminal 2F

your route

International Flight Connections :

Follow the “Flight Connections” signs

Take the free Aéroports de Paris shuttle to Terminal 2F.

- Frequency: every 15 to 30 minutes from 05:10 to 23:45.

- Free service

Other Flight Connections :

Go to entrance 2.04

Take the free Aéroports de Paris shuttle to Terminal 2F.

- Frequency: every 18 to 25 minutes, 24/7.

- Free service

Unfortunately, at CDG, T2E is comprised of two separate buildings. So directions are often dependent on which one you come into. IMO, the fast way is to walk. From the main T2E building (gates E28-47), exit through immigration, go down into the tunnel that passes between T2E and T2F. Walk straight through and you're there. About 5 minutes max.

If in the La Galerie Parisienne building (gates E51-76), there's a walkway that goes to the T2F building.

You can get the airport maps HERE.

T2E map HERE (PDF link)

T2F map HERE (PDF link)

FWIW, the T2E map doesn't show the link between Galerie Parisienne and T2F, but you can see it at the far right of the T2F map.

There is also an airside bus you can take...details available at the AF website. I don't like it because you often have to wait up to 30 minutes for the bus to arrive. Better to just hike. Also, there is a landside shuttle bus, but that is slow, crowded and a waste of time unless you absolutely need to ride.

Unfortunately, at CDG, T2E is comprised of two separate buildings. So directions are often dependent on which one you come into. IMO, the fast way is to walk. From the main T2E building (gates E28-47), exit through immigration, go down into the tunnel that passes between T2E and T2F. Walk straight through and you're there. About 5 minutes max.

If in the La Galerie Parisienne building (gates E51-76), there's a walkway that goes to the T2F building.

You can get the airport maps HERE.

T2E map HERE (PDF link)

T2F map HERE (PDF link)

FWIW, the T2E map doesn't show the link between Galerie Parisienne and T2F, but you can see it at the far right of the T2F map.

There is also an airside bus you can take...details available at the AF website. I don't like it because you often have to wait up to 30 minutes for the bus to arrive. Better to just hike. Also, there is a landside shuttle bus, but that is slow, crowded and a waste of time unless you absolutely need to ride.

Flyertalk...thanks for the info. That's what I was looking for. I wanted first-hand knowledge from people that was actually there. AirFrance has something on their web site, but it has you take the shuttle. I've been reading where the shuttle can take too long.

When I go to Rome, my connection is 2 hours 40 minutes, but when I come back, it only 1 hour 15 minutes.

The good news is that the outbound will let you scout the route for your return. 1:15 will be tight - the route through the tunnel means that you go landside and have to clear security. You will also clear European immigration on both directions at CDG.

In thinking about this....even in the GP, you might want to take the tram to the main T2E building and then go though the tunnel. Probably save some steps unless you are at the "north" end of the GP near the walkway to T2F. Also, you will be in the "left" finger at T2F (aka T2F1 - which is the intra-Schengen gates).

Get a good mental picture of the terminal layouts - it can help you orient yourself when you hit the ground at CDG.

Good luck.

The good news is that the outbound will let you scout the route for your return. 1:15 will be tight - the route through the tunnel means that you go landside and have to clear security. You will also clear European immigration on both directions at CDG.

In thinking about this....even in the GP, you might want to take the tram to the main T2E building and then go though the tunnel. Probably save some steps unless you are at the "north" end of the GP near the walkway to T2F. Also, you will be in the "left" finger at T2F (aka T2F1 - which is the intra-Schengen gates).

Get a good mental picture of the terminal layouts - it can help you orient yourself when you hit the ground at CDG.

Good luck.

That was going to be my next question...is there any way to avoid having to go through security when going from one terminal to another? I guess not.

Thanks for all your help.

I will be back in CDG 2E on Monday the 28th March, got a nice layover tween flights from the UK to Argentina with Air France.

CDG (and AMS) are my personal favourite airports, I always try and get Air France or KLM flights as no other airline comes close, IMHO.

CDG is like my second home, brilliant place for plane spotting when waiting tween flights, its comfy, clean and everything Heathrow or Gatwick will never be really.....:)

Have you taken bus verus walked?

In 2008 when I flew with Air France MAN-CDG-HKG it was a little different. The MAN-CDG parked away from the terminal building so we all piled onto buses and went to 2E.

Although the drive was very scenic (we went all around the airport, or at least it seemed that way), we were deposited at the doors to 2E after about 10 minutes. It was then a very quick trip up an escalator, through immigration and into the departure area of 2E. The process from bus to gate took less than 5 minutes.

Tomorrow I am using 2E again...quite looking forward to it as it really is so easy since they rebuilt the terminal (it partially collapsed around 2007 and had been a bit of a nightmare to deal). The departure hall is very spacious, clean and has wonderful views across the airport, especially if like me you enjoy a bit of plane watching :)

Archived